Official 2007 GI Joe Convention thread

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Exclamation Official 2007 GI Joe Convention thread

As the Joe Con rapidly approaches, please use this stickied thread for all the weeks activities.

Thanks!
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My initial opinion on the Convention figures

After taking a look at the Convention figures, here are my initial opinions and feelings about them:

Sparks: An interesting use of parts, particularly since Dial-Tone's right leg has a communicator. He reminds me of the Tan Grunt. It's good to see Hasbro busted out yet another cool new character with this figure.

9.5/10

Flash: After seeing this figure, I was given an idea on how to make a custom Flash. As good as this figure looks, there is one minor and one major gripe I have. The minor one is this figure could just as easily be Grand Slam, depending on whether you imagine Grand Slam with silver or not. The major one is that the lower half just wasn't too good of a choice. It doesn't match the original's by much and he should be wearing something that looks more like armor, not a generic pair of pants.

8/10

Grunt: At first, this reminded me of the Frostbite figure that used the Snow Job mold(came with the Snow Cat) and thought to myself, "Oh no, this can't be good". However, in this case, it looks better than I imagined it could. The head was definitely a better choice to use than the comic pack version in my opinion, and looks like one of the best versions i've seen. The only minor gripe here is the collar, but it's not too big of a deal. As badly as I want to get it, it costs too much and I already have a custom version of my own.

9/10

Lt. Claymore: Ever since the Shock Vipers first appeared as a figure, they have really been one of my favorite COBRA troops. Well, this one is really good, I admit, though i'm wondering why his removable helmet is the same one used for the DTC Major Bludd and Convention Skull Squad figures. If he used one with a gasmask, like say the Spytroops Depth Charge's helmet, I might have liked him better. Call me crazy, but his face reminds me of Link Talbot(shudder...j/k). Looks like this figure will be another commander of COBRA's specialized troops.

9/10

Zap: The look on this figure reminds me of the valor vs. venom Sgt. Bazooka. It's simple, I suppose, but it doesn't really scream Zap to me. I think if he was repainted to look like that VvV Bazooka figure, perhaps he'd look better. I'm wondering how he's gonna hold that giant sized Bazooka with those thin arms. Bottom line is, this one makes me wanna say, "Meh", and not really care much about him.

7/10

Clutch: He looks good, but I think have the odd feeling this figure may have standing issues(I could be wrong though). I can understand the m-4, but why does he have a sniper rifle? He should have had a pistol instead. If he does pose as well without problems, he'll get a higher review from me.

8.5/10

Doc: Ok I'm still confused as to why she's called Doc, after the first medic GIJOE ever had. Rant aside, her uniform looks good and she has a beautiful head sculpt. Off topic from the review, I have a funny feeling if you repainted her face with a flesh tone and repainted her hair red, you'd get a better looking Scarlett. Anyway, I find absolutely no faults about her other than the weird name.

9.5/10

Rock N' Roll: He has the same problem as the Comic Pack version---he has long sleeves instead of short ones. Also, this figure reminds me more of Hollow Point than Rock N' Roll himself because of the camouflage and brown vest. This is another figure that looks dry to me.

7/10

Night Stalkers(commander and troopers): Wow...i'm blown away by these figures. They look like bodyguards who work for the Baroness. They can be used for so many purposes(such as assassinations, infiltration, death squads, etc.), it's amazing. After waiting so long to get a female COBRA trooper, I definitely think these figures made that wait worth it!

10/10

It seems every year Hasbro manages to step up to the plate and make the figures better and better! Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the con and I don't wish to purchase an entire set, so maybe when the figures become a little more affordable to get, I'll get 'em.
    You can create anything if you use your imagination...it has no limits.

I am the Asian Sensation of Innovation!

Quote Originally Posted by code red shockwave
    It seems every year Hasbro manages to step up to the plate and make the figures better and better! Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the con and I don't wish to purchase an entire set, so maybe when the figures become a little more affordable to get, I'll get 'em.
    FYI, Master Collector/Fun Pub puts these figures together - not Hasbro.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My apologies on that. But the bottom line is, the figures seem to be getting better.
    You can create anything if you use your imagination...it has no limits.

I am the Asian Sensation of Innovation!

Any rumors (or confirmations) as to what product we might see announced?

I'm Hoping we see some 25th Vehicles or at least hear about some.
    Here's a link to my collection http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=104 Check out my GI Joe Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/truetroutttone Check out Joelanta 2010 http://www.joelanta.com My Want List http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=71936
    Currently cataloging my Collection at http://www.collector-actionfigures.com

I would imagine things will start leaking out of the Con starting tomorrow as people are setting up.

I am hoping we get to see some of the rumored Wave 3 and 4 figures. And maybe some info on the rumored Holiday Wave. I'd also like to see the 8 inch line continue.

I'd also like to hear something about the movie. Probably a long shot but some sort of animated project is always welcomed.

I'm hoping we get a Cobra Mauler like on the box art.
    Hopefully, Grand Slam with JUMP set.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay West
    I am hoping we get to see some of the rumored Wave 3 and 4 figures. And maybe some info on the rumored Holiday Wave.
    I'd also like to hear something about the movie. Probably a long shot but some sort of animated project is always welcomed.
    I would like to know these questions too.