Cobra Legions and McCarran airport security

yojoe.com

Cobra Legions and McCarran airport security

I picked up a pile of Cobra Legions in Las Vegas over the weekend. I removed most of the contents of the packages for easier travel. I left one box unopened in case security questioned where the stuff came from. My backpack with seven of the Cobra logo/movie theme pieces went through the x-ray scanner three times. There was nothing else in the backpack that wasn't clothing. They ran it through and then back again, three times. I thought I was going to get searched, but I didn't. I guess Cobra Legions isn't a threat to national security, but it's worth looking at three times.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    I cracked open one of the Joe music stands a while back, and as one might expect, its filled with a speaker, batteries, a couple wires and a circuit board. No doubt its those things that caught the airport screener's eye. The fact that they didn't physically inspect it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 10-29-2007 at 10:33 PM.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD MINT STORMSHADOW
    No doubt its those things that caught the airport screener's eye. The fact that they didn't physically inspect it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
    I thought the same thing. I would have bet $100 they were going to pull me aside and search the bags. It's funny that there wasn't just one but seven of the Cobra sign, in a little pile, in my backpack. I left Cobra Legions pack number eight intact to prove where the other seven came from, but it never came down to that. In hindsight I should have pulled all the batteries, but it doesn't matter now. Everything has reached its destination.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

MMMMmmmm Cobra insignias, batteries, evil song, please detain that man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Syna3sthesia
    MMMMmmmm Cobra insignias, batteries, evil song, please detain that man!!!
    I did turn all of them off before heading off to the airport. I'm guessing the TSA goons would check out a bag that has "crashing through the night comes and evil cry . . . " coming from it. Or better yet, all of them out of sync.

Apparently GIJOE isnt a threat to national security. On one of my trips (2003 con) i had a few Joe things and a brass key from Alcatraz in my bag. and that was enuff for them to open and search it. They pulled out the key and looked at it. Now with the amount of tourists they get through there you would think they had seen a few thousand of those already.

7 of those eh? first thing that came to mind for me is one wicked round like a Cobra "row row row your boat" coming form your bag.
    the second thing that came to mind is when a kid would walk by a full display of Elmos and start them all, or worse yet push the buttons on all the "grandma got run over by a reindeer" toys.