Land, Sea and Air 3-pack is out

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Land, Sea and Air 3-pack is out

I haven;t seen anyone else post anything about this, so i thought that I would let people know that the 'Land, Sea and Air' Toys R Us exclusive 3-pack is out. I bought one yesterday, and opened it today, and I have to say, even though all 3 figures and weapons were made from existing tooling, this is a pretty nice set,e specially for $30.00.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler. Breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

These sound interesting.
    Do you have any pics, or even better, a review?
    Cheers
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My TRU has a ton of these things tucked in a corner and I remain mostly underwhelmed. I think more than anything else, I'm just annoyed they just keep slapping Heavy Duty's head on random bodies and naming them someone else. All black people don't look alike!

I think you might be mixed up (though I agree with you completely), and thinking of Combat Squad Wave 2, with Sgt. Boulder. i do agree - it would be nice if they could do at least one new head sculpt for African-American characters. i am quite happy with the 3-pack, though, especially at $30.00. Too bad it's one of the last 8-inch items we'll see, at least for the foreseeable future.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler. Breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

I finally saw these in person. I like the set, I will have to wait on it though, at least until Christmas.

Still collecting a few more TRU bucks off of McD's Monopoly game first, then I'll nab the set later this week!

Picked mine up today . Got to say its not a bad set and like others have said the price is not to bad for three figs.

I have seen at least 6 of them along with a bunch of sigma 6.
    Memories are some of the greatest gifts anyone can receive.

I find it funny that people talk about how good the price is when, essentially, it's 3 soldier figures (at most) for $30, which sound about right.

I really like the set.

Backblast is a solid trooper, and the blond really separates him from GS. I only wish there was a medium-body figure in the same colors.

Deep Six is a little iffy - he needs a new head I think, and I don't like how easily the gun falls out of the missile launcher. He'll be getting Shipwreck's spear gun.

BarrelRoll is my favorite, but then I loved JW Duke, too. Only complaint is that the pack is loose, but that can be fixed if you give him Firefly v1's harness.