Cobra Robot Technowalker Prototype on eBay?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cobra Robot Technowalker Prototype on eBay?

What the heck is this?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-GI-Joe-Cobr...QQcmdZViewItem

The seller has been selling rare and preproduction pieces for months, but this one is a complete mystery to me. I couldn't find anything in the archive. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it even what the seller claims it to be?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

As far as I can tell Eddie has a solid rep, so I guess until someone proves otherwise, I'd believe what he's stating...

There is nothing in the archives that covers this. I have no idea where it came from.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

funky. i guess the toy was going to actually walk, the feet look like those wind up toys that walk. it also looks like it would have fit in with like robo joe and the rest, so maybe it's from that time period?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That thing is just weird. Watch it sell for mad money!

Whatever it is, it sure is FUGLY!
    http://www.joearmory.com
    Over 20,000 items available
    The ABSOLUTE largest inventory of GIJOE on the web.
    Fast Shipping LOW prices. Unrivaled selection.
    http://www.myspace.com/johnarmijo
    The man, the myth, the legend.

Yeah... This stuff usually interests me and even I have no interest in this due to how "strange" it looks...

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by zombieguide
    Whatever it is, it sure is FUGLY!
    lol, that EXACTLY what I was about to post....
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Looks like something from Zoids to me....maybe Chris (Topson) would know - he does a lot of prototype stuff.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Did anybody save a picture of this? I'd like to see it.
    *insert something witty here*

The Technowalkers were part of the Robot Rebellion series that were cancelled. I've seen pictures from another seller, also formerly with Hasbro, who had them as well. It's legit.

These were offered up a long time ago for sale so surprised to see them again here (but by the time I saw the board the ebay auction was already down.)

To add some trivia to the group - there was actually another GIJOE movie planned around these guys too. I picked up the storyboards and script awhile ago.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.