Cobra Robot Technowalker Prototype on eBay? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavieur@aol.com
    The Technowalkers were part of the Robot Rebellion series that were cancelled. I've seen pictures from another seller, also formerly with Hasbro, who had them as well. It's legit.

These were offered up a long time ago for sale so surprised to see them again here (but by the time I saw the board the ebay auction was already down.)

To add some trivia to the group - there was actually another GIJOE movie planned around these guys too. I picked up the storyboards and script awhile ago.
    Well now you've got me really curious!
    What can you tell/show us about that one?
    *insert something witty here*

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

the thing that I hate about these boards is that its so difficult to just snap a picture and upload it to the site without using some other site, which I don't use. I am pretty sure that I saved a pic of the Joe's robot too when I saw it. I think he was asking around $1200 ea for them.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavieur@aol.com
    The Technowalkers were part of the Robot Rebellion series that were cancelled. I've seen pictures from another seller, also formerly with Hasbro, who had them as well. It's legit.

Well, maybe there is some confussion on this one. The Technowalkers were planned to debut in 1995. Hasbro cancelled the GI Joe line in 1994, so they never made it past the prototype stage. There were four figures planned on the initial release. They were Cobra Robot, GI Joe Robot, Firefly, and General Hawk. There were going to be part of the Star Brigade line up as a deluxe figure. There was going to be a wind up mechanism that allowed the figures to walk on their own. So, there you go. I wanted to post an article here on Yojoe about the line, but I have been having some difficultly finding the rest of the information I need. If the owner of the 1:1 cobra robot is reading this, please send me a pm. Anyway, there are images of the Technowalker Hawk figure on a 1994 gift wrap with images of the cancelled Mega Marines Duke, Ace, General Hawk with flag, and Duke in camo.
    Hope this helps and here are some pics of the robot.
    Chris

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Viper
    Did anybody save a picture of this? I'd like to see it.
    Firefly and Hawk (or so they were called)

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/341/techfirefly.jpg

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/6305/techhawk.jpg

WOW, it is nice to see that Hawk again.

And, I had that extra Firefly head in my possession for a great big half hour at the con this year, before I sold it to a friend...
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

Wow how did those pass the sketch design stage and even make prototype?

I mean those are ugly even for Star Brigade.