Joe Con Unproduced Sigma Scale Pics - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, that Scarlet is nice and would've been an easy switch to Baroness if they wanted too. They probably could've gotten away with the same head if they had to - just add black hair and glasses.

Zanzibar is cool even if he looks nothing like his original incarnation. I'd love to see them go out with one last flourish, b/c these guys are all great. I guess they only had the money to do some more part-switching and nothing else.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dakemesh
    Yeah, that Scarlet is nice and would've been an easy switch to Baroness if they wanted too. They probably could've gotten away with the same head if they had to - just add black hair and glasses.

Zanzibar is cool even if he looks nothing like his original incarnation. I'd love to see them go out with one last flourish, b/c these guys are all great. I guess they only had the money to do some more part-switching and nothing else.
    Yeah I would have bought everyone of these. They look awesome. So far there hasn't been a wave that I have needed all of them, but I would have gotten all of these. Even Wrecking Ball, Short Fuze and Chuck Norris (who is he supposed to be anyway? I have seem him listed as Iron Fist, but I doubt Marvel would have allowed that since they currently publish an Iron Fist comic). Scarlett, Zanzibar and Colton just plain rock. The Seal set is very cool even though diver themed characters aren't my favorite.

I would love to get a Colton 25th figure in an almost identical AT box set.

Yeah i was really bummed talking to the hasbro guys and them saying they were to expensive for them to make and with sale not doing well we will never see them

I guess now my only hope is to track down the protos (if they ever surface) for ridiculous money

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Never getting those great vehicles really kills me.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

I wonder if anyone has pointed out that maybe just part-swapping everything leaves something to be desired?

Oh well, I guess it is further proof that adult collector's still don't hold enough power to keep things going.

R.I.P
    He-man
    Transformers Alternators
    Sigma 6

I wonder if anyone has pointed out that maybe just part-swapping everything leaves something to be desired?

Oh well, I guess it is further proof that adult collector's still don't hold enough power to keep things going.

R.I.P
    He-man
    Transformers Alternators
    Sigma 6
    I think Sigma 6 showed that just making an excellent product is not enough.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

I'd like to think that association with 4kids is a kiss of death, but that might be just the nerd rage in me.....

I just know that that Scarlet or a repainted Baroness will be a completely unattainable convention exclusive next year! I can then add it to the list with my McQuarrie '3PO, and Transformers Classics Thrust, Dirge and Skywarp as things I want but cannot, in good conscious, pay out the wazoo for.

I just know that that Scarlet or a repainted Baroness will be a completely unattainable convention exclusive next year! I can then add it to the list with my McQuarrie '3PO, and Transformers Classics Thrust, Dirge and Skywarp as things I want but cannot, in good conscious, pay out the wazoo for.
    I don't think we'll ever see a female 8 inch Joe at this point. They never made female tooling or molds.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

R.I.P
    He-man
    Transformers Alternators
    Sigma 6
    1) The S6 line had a good degree of part swapping, but nearly as much as some think, and usually very effective. And until the 25th line, that's pretty much all the 3.75 figs were for several years.

2) Alternators went about as far as it could. The line lasted through 2 mainline TF series (Energon and Cybertron), and I think the built-in limitations (universal scale, licensed vehicles only) pretty much gave it a short life span anyway. The good news is they they learned a LOT with those figures, and we saw the benefits in several Cybertron, Classics and Movie toys.