Joe Con Unproduced Sigma Scale Pics - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is the Sigma 6 version of what the Real American Hero line endured in 1994. Showed off a bunch of stuff that would never see the light of day.

On the one hand, it's certainy aggravating. On the other hand, it's sort of cool to see what was in the works.

Honestly, for the most part, I'm underwhelmed, especially by that horrible pasty-skinned thing that I assume is supposed to be Zanzibar.

But as for SCARLETT -- WOW!

Now that is PROFOUNDLY upsetting that we'll never get her.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would have bought Colton, Scarlett, and Zanzibar easily. Since I cant seem to find any new 8 inch figures in stores here in NC its all the same to me at this point.

That Scarlett face-sculpt could've easily been fixed by, y'know, looking at Bruce Timm artwork or something. I don't think EVERY Sigma Six figure has to have square chins....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trekker
    This is the Sigma 6 version of what the Real American Hero line endured in 1994. Showed off a bunch of stuff that would never see the light of day.

On the one hand, it's certainy aggravating. On the other hand, it's sort of cool to see what was in the works.

Honestly, for the most part, I'm underwhelmed, especially by that horrible pasty-skinned thing that I assume is supposed to be Zanzibar.

But as for SCARLETT -- WOW!

Now that is PROFOUNDLY upsetting that we'll never get her.
    Scarlett actually is my least favorite of the bunch. I think Zanzibar is incredible. Incidentally, I was reading a post at Joe Battlelines and all of the figures except Scareltt have their molds tooled. So theoretically getting Zanzibar, Chuck Norris, Short Fuse, Tollbooth, Colton etc. is almost as simple as finding a retailor that would support the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay West
    Scarlett actually is my least favorite of the bunch. I think Zanzibar is incredible. Incidentally, I was reading a post at Joe Battlelines and all of the figures except Scareltt have their molds tooled. So theoretically getting Zanzibar, Chuck Norris, Short Fuse, Tollbooth, Colton etc. is almost as simple as finding a retailor that would support the line.
    I would be inclined to believe that. Scarlett is the only one that is not an actual 8 inch toy. Scarlett seems to be made of playdoh - one of the earlier steps in the design process I'm guessing.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

I'm inclined to think she's far from done. There no Sigma peg holes for one, and she doesn't have the grid pattern on the colored parts of her suit like the rest of the Sigma 6 figures have.

Quote Originally Posted by PJDonnell
    I'm inclined to think she's far from done. There no Sigma peg holes for one, and she doesn't have the grid pattern on the colored parts of her suit like the rest of the Sigma 6 figures have.
    They may have been considering making her without peg holes, like the later figures that only have them in the back. A female figure would probably look better without the peg holes. But she is obviously a hand-painted prototype. Of all the unproduced figures, she was most likely, the least likely, that we would have ever seen. From what I've read, Hasbro seemed to think that making a female figure would have been a monetary loss.

One More Time...

The Scarlett at JoeCon was a mock up. She was not planned. She was not close to development, or even considered for release. One designer asked the upperups for permission to do a test model, and was told no. He therefore went ahead anyway, using his own resources rather than the company's. He apparantly made Scarlett from a Kim Possible figure, which is why she looks so different from the rest of the line. His efforts failed to convince the upperups, and she was never going to be made, even if the line wasn't canned.

So for all intents and purposes, this is no more than a custom Scarlett, no different than the many others that have been made by S6 fans in the past.

As for the rest, Joe Colton w/ Gorilla, Dusty w/ Scorpion (which no one has seen), Wet-Suit w/ Shark, Wrecking Ball, Zanzibar, Short Fuze and Iron Fist were all close enough to production to have been tooled (ie molds cast). If there was interest from a retailer of some sort, these figures could be made, but that's all there is (okay, there is a small chance an Overkill figure exists; I don't think he was tooled, but I can't guarantee it). The only other "new" figures we could get from Hasbro at minimal cost to them would be redecos like Groundblaster HD and the Combat Squad figures.
    Last edited by misterd; 10-09-2007 at 11:51 PM.

I really hope at some point a retailer picks up at least the 3 AT sets, they look great. Zanzibar too. ah **** release them all!!

Quote Originally Posted by misterd
    One More Time...

The Scarlett at JoeCon was a mock up. She was not planned. She was not close to development, or even considered for release. One designer asked the upperups for permission to do a test model, and was told no. He therefore went ahead anyway, using his own resources rather than the company's. He apparantly made Scarlett from a Kim Possible figure, which is why she looks so different from the rest of the line. His efforts failed to convince the upperups, and she was never going to be made, even if the line wasn't canned.

So for all intents and purposes, this is no more than a custom Scarlett, no different than the many others that have been made by S6 fans in the past.

As for the rest, Joe Colton w/ Gorilla, Dusty w/ Scorpion (which no one has seen), Wet-Suit w/ Shark, Wrecking Ball, Zanzibar, Short Fuze and Iron Fist were all close enough to production to have been tooled (ie molds cast). If there was interest from a retailer of some sort, these figures could be made, but that's all there is (okay, there is a small chance an Overkill figure exists; I don't think he was tooled, but I can't guarantee it). The only other "new" figures we could get from Hasbro at minimal cost to them would be redecos like Groundblaster HD and the Combat Squad figures.
    So you're saying that you don't think there will be a Scarlett figure?