The Comic Stand Threads - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ELF probably would not work for video and audio though. It has an extremely low throughput, still images would work but would be very compressed or poor quality or time consuming. ELF was used for brief text messages to the subs.
    "the low data transmission rate of a few characters per minute and, to a lesser extent, the one-way nature due to the impracticality of installing a transmitter of the required size on a submarine"
    I figured Destro had tapped into or bought air time on satellites that cover the US like SATMIX 6 hosted by Mexico. The transmitter must be extremely powerful to penetrate layers of concrete and earth. It also need to be powerful enough to penetrate whatever GPS shielding they have in place.

Commercial GPS receivers are not very powerful; look at how the portable one in your car acts up if it does not have a clear "view" to the sky. Reality is a GPS receiver in operation that far underground would not be able to get a fix on 3-4 satellites. Maybe they did not know the robots were that deep below ground.
    The robots must have an extremely sensitive receiver since the operators are sending commands the the robots as they fight in the PIT.

Anyone have any more ideas?
    Last edited by cardensb; 09-26-2009 at 03:17 PM.
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

From the modern series published by Devil's Due released on July 2007 in G.I. Joe: Americans Elite # 25 - World War III, Part : Havoc! - there is an Astro viper. Seems to be his only appearance in any of the series.
    Last edited by Arashikage Ninja #333; 12-10-2009 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashikage Ninja #333
    From the modern series published by Devil's Due released on July 2007 in G.I. Joe: Americans Elite # 25 - World War III, Part : Havoc! - there is an Astro viper. Seems to be his only appearanace in any of the series.
    I have the first 7 issues of the Image series If anyone is interested. $15.00 and I'll ship for free!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey everyone, hope this isn't the wrong place to post but I just got a lot that consits of 70 G.I. Joe comics from the 1980s series.

The thing is, mine are a little different than the pictures I've seen on ComicBook DB, usually little things like sometimes the prices on mine will be a little higher or lower (the picture on the site will say 75 cents and mine will say 60 cents or so), and sometimes there will be a barcode instead of a black spider-man face logo, or vice versa.

The copyright dates all seem right, so I don't think they're reprints or anything, but I'm just curious why this could be.

You may have som Canadian issues in the mix. There is a link on the comic's page that illustrates the differences.

Also there are reprint's to consider too. Those too are also listed.
    "Vipers! They're always fun!"

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/2ndprints.shtml

The 2nd Print/Newstand Direct Market section. as well as the Canada pricing info.

Yo Joe really does have it all covered when it comes to Joe comics.

I might be interested in some of them, can you figure out which is newstand vs Direct Market and which is the Canada released ones.
    GI Joe comic fan since 1982.

Does anyone have insight into which issues/series had the stories about Wraith? Was he a short-lived or long-term character? All I remember is that he kicked Snake-Eyes' *** and then ducked out for awhile. I want to see the rest of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Antarctica
    I might be interested in some of them, can you figure out which is newstand vs Direct Market and which is the Canada released ones.
    Thanks for the page Antartica it is helpful. I'm not really planning on trading or selling any of these issues, I'm just curious for curiosities sake.

It seems I still have some "oddballs" though, for example my copy of issue #1 has a white spider-man face like a 1st Print Direct Market, but the price is different. Here's the picture of the cover on ComicBookDB what's different about mine, aside from the spider face, is the price and date are in a diamond in the corner, above the shooting G.I. picture it says "June $1.50 #1" on a white diamond on a black background.

On the inside it does not say second printing, and it says it's $1.50 in both U.S. and canada.

So does this mean I have a first printing, Direct Market, version of Issue #1?

Hey guys, I am looking for one of the spin-off comics from last month that featured some really wild art within, like swirling watercolors, it all looked surreal. Couldn't find it today. Any idea which one this was? That's one of 50out these last few other than Larry Hama that I might pick up. (No disrespect, just saving some cash right now.) Thanks.