The Comic Stand Threads - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Huh, how did I miss that Antarctica story before?

Anyway, moseyed in here to post this, time to meet Stan Lee if ever possible.

Comic Book Legend Stan Lee
    I Got a Pacemaker ...
    BUT I AIN'T DEAD!
    Spider-Man, Bruce Banner, Daredevil, The Avengers and the X-Men can all rest easy ... 'cause their fearless creator Stan Lee is alive and kickin' after getting a pacemaker implanted near his heart.

The 90-year-old comic book legend just fired off an AWESOME statement to fans after undergoing pacemaker surgery in L.A. last week, in which he proudly declares that he's not yet ready to become the Grimm Reaper's b*:

"Attention, Troops!

This is a dispatch sent from your beloved Generalissimo, directly from the center of Hollywood’s combat zone!

Now hear this! Your leader hath not deserted thee! In an effort to be more like my fellow Avenger, Tony Stark, I have had an electronic pace-maker placed near my heart to insure that I’ll be able to lead thee for another 90 years.

But fear thee not, my valiant warriors. I am in constant touch with our commanders in the field and victory shall soon be ours. Now I must end this dispatch and join my troops, for an army without a leader is like a day without a cameo!".

-From TMZ via Fark

Should probably try to meet Larry Hama one of these days too.

This thread should be resurrected!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

White Pages

the reason 'white pages' increase the value is because it is a sign that the comic has been well maintained. most comic books from that era have been well-read and become off white and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by GIJOEAMERICANHERO_BOB View Post
    What is meant by "White Pages" on ebay postings for Issue 21? and how does that seem to increase the value of this particular issue to such a hefty dollar amount?
    Thanks for any help guys.

Bob

Does anyone have a good link or info on why Hama went back to Joe? I've seen plenty of who/what/where/and a lot of history but not so much the why.

Also, I heard today there is about to be yet another book launched (FEB 2013), anyone have any info on that?

Just grabbed 186 today, looks good so far!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What happened to Zandar of the olden days? I don't think we saw him around very much.

In Marvel #51, it became known that he was "Zarana's brother", but never did I hear him called Zartan's brother. He was always just the brother to the sister of Zartan.

If you didn't pick it up, G.I. Joe 188 was a decent story, but the great thing was the intro of THE RED SHADOWS, a very cruel and formidable enemy for Joe. Glad I caught that BFTB anniversary news so I knew to expect it. Didn't know it was all coming out this soon though.

Which Comics Should I Get? Your Free Comic Book Day Cheat Sheet : Monkey See : NPR

Free Comic Book Day tomorrow (first Sat. every May). Go support the medium and your local shop!