DDP loses Joe Licence?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

DDP loses Joe Licence?

One of the tidbits coming out of Joecon is that DDP is losing the licence. That was one sentence with no details. Does anyone know when this is happening? Did Hasbro raise the price in anticipation of the movie? Did DDP get priced out of it? Who is it going to? I doubt Marvel would do it since they make more money with their own licenses.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

First I've heard of it

Did they give a date for this?

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=11945

This is from the Hasbro Q&A. The single line about the comic is this:

It is still uncertain where the comic book will go when the license ends with DDP.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I hope they keep it. A must read comic.

They continue with a comic book, I can't see why Hasbro would want to end it. Its just a matter of who will get it. If DDP loses it, it won't be because Hasbro took it away. It will be because someone out bid for the rights to making the comic. Now that GI Joe is starting to become a hot property again, DDP is going to have to pony up the money to keep it. If they don't someone else will end up with it. Hopefully someone who knows what they are doing.

My question is, if DDP loses it, how do they end their run with it? Will the next company pick up where DDP leaves off and etc....

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

Imagine if DC picks up GI Joe and Paul Dini took over writing. That would be awesome.

The statement posted about DDP didn't mention "if" they would lose the licence. It states "when." That means it's happening. I just don't know the timeline or the reasons.

I hadn't heard that it was a definite thing, so I can't speak to that. All I know is that DDP's license will expire soon after WWIII (no one knows exactly when) and then, as far I know, it is unknown at this point whether they will keep it or Hasbro will give it to someone else. I wasn't at con, however, so it is very possible that I am wrong.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature and help him on his way of world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by gaelinic
    The statement posted about DDP didn't mention "if" they would lose the licence. It states "when." That means it's happening. I just don't know the timeline or the reasons.
    That doesn't mean that Hasbro and DDP won't renew the license though. It's just a contract that will expire sometime and then they'll figure out if they renew it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by willie&joe
    That doesn't mean that Hasbro and DDP won't renew the license though. It's just a contract that will expire sometime and then they'll figure out if they renew it or not.
    That could very well be the case. However, almost all contract renewals are done well in advance of the contract running out. So I'd think that DDP already lost the bid by not offering what Hasbro wanted.