25th Shipwreck tatoo? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KolobosRexx
    ...What about the white-shirted version? Is that one coming later?
    I was wondering about that too... I thought I saw a picture somewhere from the con that looked like Shippy had a white shirt, but it could have just been the lighting.
    Guillaume le Conquerant - GIJoeCollector - YoJoeDavis

"SWEET DONKEY!"-- The Maniacal Smile

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoeCollector
    I was wondering about that too... I thought I saw a picture somewhere from the con that looked like Shippy had a white shirt, but it could have just been the lighting.
    I do think that people were saying that it was just the lighting making the shirt look white.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny

I don't know if that's true or not, but people may be paying for a "variant" that's not actually going to be a variant.
    Both are "variants" Do not confuse the term variant with "harder to find version" One may end up rarer than the other, but as long as there is more than one to find, they are both considered variants.

I suppose we can assume that you mean "People may be paying for a "harder to find variant" that's actually going to be more common"

John M.
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

my wal-mart got new ones in today and they all have the anchor tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny
    I have one of each version-- so I can tell you they definitly exist.

Last anchor tattoo version went for 71 bucks on e-bay.
    I have one for sale if anyone wants one.

I'll be posting it in the For Sale area, and then (if it doesnt sell there) on to ebay.

Man... this is the first of the Wave 3 figs I got. (still waiting to get the others) And now Im gonna sell it. Almost hate to bc it looks fantastic!

I see the anchor tat maches the picture. Does the one with a shark tat have a shark tat on the picture?
    Some people are like Slinkies...
    They are really good for nothing, but they always bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The card art is the same for both Shipwrecks.

I would think that the anchor version will be the corrected one since he is pictured with an anchor tatoo in the artwork... dunno...

There's a bunch or anchor tat Shipwrecks on eBay for 25.00 a pop buy-it-now. Perhaps the other variants will be more reasonable soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by deezoolander
    There's a bunch or anchor tat Shipwrecks on eBay for 25.00 a pop buy-it-now. Perhaps the other variants will be more reasonable soon enough.
    Just got one for under $20 on ebay shiped, so for under $20 I got a variant, yay (the only one I've been interested in so far) looks like quite a few have gone sub $20 lately...

so I would guess they are showing up more places now... if you had one and didn't get it sold yet, looks like you aren't gonna me making those scalper prices anymore, best sell it fast before the price comes down even more

...Wouldn't it be funny if the shark tat one ended up being rarer in the end and the anchor tat became more prevalent? I'd laugh my butt off...
    Last edited by TheReverend; 10-24-2007 at 08:47 PM.
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

Target was chock full o' Wave 3 today as well and they were the anchor tattoo. Maybe the anchor is a running change and the shark will be less common?