25th Shipwreck tatoo?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

25th Shipwreck tatoo?

Just got Shipwreck two days ago. I noticed the figure's tatoo doesnt match the picture on the card- Dolphin versus Anchor. I would assume this is true for all figures, but had to ask, has anyone else noticed this?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yep, mine is like that as well. I think he has shark tattoo on his arm.

Yes, there was a bit of argument at Hasbro over this. It will end up changing thru the run to the other tattoo. So there will be two versions, with just the tattoo being the difference.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by stad
    Yes, there was a bit of argument at Hasbro over this. It will end up changing thru the run to the other tattoo. So there will be two versions, with just the tattoo being the difference.

Great, next they'll release Dr. Mindbender, one version with mustache, the other without..

25th Ann Shipwreck Variant

Is there a Shipwreck variant. On ebay, the have several up with a variant "anchor" tat. I guess the regular version has a "ship" tat. Don't have either, so I can neither confirm nor deny. Just interested to see if anyone else knows something about this.

Yes, the harder to get, much more rare one is the Shipwreck with the anchor tattoo, while the easier one to get has a shark tattoo!

Goodluck!

I have one of each version-- so I can tell you they definitly exist.

Last anchor tattoo version went for 71 bucks on e-bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshift187
    Yes, the harder to get, much more rare one is the Shipwreck with the anchor tattoo, while the easier one to get has a shark tattoo!

Goodluck!
    Is that because the Anchor one just showed up last week? I've only seen 2 shipwrecks, one Shark, one Anchor.

I remember reading somewhere that the anchor tattoo was going to replace the shark tattoo the same way the green Stalker replaced the yellow one.

I don't know if that's true or not, but people may be paying for a "variant" that's not actually going to be a variant.

It's all speculation...

But, I have been seeing some people putting the anchor version up for BIN in the 25-30 dollar range. You might want to keep your eyes peeled for those. That's how I got my anchor version for 15.99.

...What about the white-shirted version? Is that one coming later?