Midnight Chinese Figures - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard
    eh, i have to disagree there to a point. i was on ebay......under a week ago and saw some "midnight" figures there. i was very tempted to buy them but at the time i was out of cash
    you can find unpainted ones all day long, but actual midnight chinese figures will be tough to find, i havent seen any on ebay in awhile

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've seen 3 auctions in the last two years since they dried up...

1.) I saw 3 sell for a BIN at $125 plus shipping, Airedevon picked them up. I had the chance, but passed as I didn't feel they were worth that much to me personally.

2.) I saw someone move a few of the Vipers in an auction, but I can't remember when or how many or how much they went for. It was a lot though.

3.) The UST Firefly, I picked up off a fluke, someone had found it at an estate sale and I ended up getting it for $25 shipped.

Other than that, I haven't see any since '05.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

I just got the green BJs Firefly for $45
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hasbro cracked down hard. You can still find the occasional new Transformer or Marvel proto on eBay but similiar new pieces from GI Joe or Star Wars are pretty much non-existant. Those two properties used to have a ton of protos listed all the time.

The market is still there for the stuff - epecially Star Wars protos. Hasbro had to have done something to stop it.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick A. Riley
    I just got the green BJs Firefly for $45
    I may be wrong, but I didn't think that was considered a Midnight Figure.

Just a variant that we never saw...

Tanner

PS: Nice grab at $45.
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by GBPackRat
    I may be wrong, but I didn't think that was considered a Midnight Figure.

Just a variant that we never saw...

Tanner

PS: Nice grab at $45.

there is a prototype bj set that wasnt released or well actually corrected and released, typically sells for around $200-$500 for the set of 7 i think

This never happened...

It was all a dream, a mass hallucination, a weather balloon! The person(s) involved never existed (and never will again).

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I never bought any prototypes so I can't talk about the quality of them. The figures I bought look identical to the ones I bought from stores in the United States. There was no discernable difference that I could see. The prices were around $3 to $10 a figure depending on what you were ordering. The shipping did take forever to get here but I never had a problem receiving them.

The reason I bought them simply was lack of availability. I couldn't find them anywhere except for scalpers on ebay.

You mention 88 TF SB. I cant figure out what figure the SB part is.

From my dealings, this was one person who had access to the internal workings of the factory, as the face. Don't know if he was working with others inside, but on the outside, just the one guy.

He was also responsible for all the Pimp Daddys that showed up in 03 from the factory (no, he didn't make them, but they were in the Archive).

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by John Missal
    You mention 88 TF SB. I cant figure out what figure the SB part is.

From my dealings, this was one person who had access to the internal workings of the factory, as the face. Don't know if he was working with others inside, but on the outside, just the one guy.

He was also responsible for all the Pimp Daddys that showed up in 03 from the factory (no, he didn't make them, but they were in the Archive).

John M>
    I need one of those tf sb's if you know of one for sale shoot me a pm

thanx
    dennis