55 80.88%
  • Won't

5 7.35%
  • Haven't seen one I liked yet

3 4.41%
  • Not sure

5 7.35%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I'm buying them, but not from scalpers. And no, not all scalpers are on Ebay. There are plenty of online stores out there that are charging 3 or more dollars extra for army builders than they are for regular figures, and that's just ridiculous. But then, these same stores have always done that.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just ordered 6 Officers from BBTS,I have'nt actually seen one yet to determine weather I like them or not.By what I've been reading on the board,I probably wont like them.I'll probably keep 1 or 2 officers and trade off the other 4,if I dont like them.Also if I dont I'd probably still buy 1 of each Army Builder figure that they release,just to save away with my other Hidden Treausures.But if I do like them I'll just buy Army Builders and a few of my personal favorite chracters.

Im buying them all one to open and an extra to keep in the beautiful Packages. loooooooove this line i may buy thirty of the crimson guards

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The wave 2 and wave 3 figures are really great. When they fix the sitting problem, these will be the best. I think all of the figures designed on the original 13 will be top-notch as the Snake-Eyes body is really well designed. Stalker came out great and I think the upcoming comic pack Hawk looks good too.

I also really like Shipwreck and Zartan. I am surprised how cool Zartan is. I think when people actually hold these in their hands, they will fall in love with them.

Personally, I view this new 40th line as I viewed the current Star Wars line.

I understand Patrick what you mean about the "reboots" of the line. G.I.Joe at Toys R Us was neat, but the paint applications on everything were pretty terrible. G.I.Joe at 15 was pretty good but too short and no army builders, but the vehicles were okay. G.I.Joe versus Cobra wasn't very good because it started out as an anime inspired line and had some nice figures but there was no consistency of design or scale until Spy Troops and later Valor versus Venom but those lines could not gain any traction. These lines were Kenner Star Wars from 1995-1998.

Personally, I view this new 40th line as I viewed the current Star Wars line from 1999 forward. Pretty solid sculpting with nice articulation and paint apps. An effort to redo the line as it should be done.

I love how the original line from 1982-1986 is getting so much love. The 5 pack figures had some serious flaws but the newer designs are great. Plus, they go well with the A Real American Hero figures, which most of SpyTroops and G.I.Joe versus Cobra never did. Sure, Valor Versus Venom were nice and had the "standard-buck," they all looked goofy for some reason.

Plus, this line is somehow reigniting a nostalgia/collector frenzy that those other lines just missed. I think what's good about this is that it is a total restart taking what was best about A Real American Hero figures and not trying to just continue what came before. It may fizzle out or get taken out by the movie but I think it has staying power.
    Once upon a time there were TV commercials for G.I.Joe comics. They were generated by an ad agency at the clip of four per year. Whatever was shown in the commercial had to be in the comic. I got stuck with Serpentor, Tomax, Xamot and a host of silly characters. I did my best to make them work because it was a matter of doing the job. If you have a squad of losers, you still have to go out on patrol. I drew the line at Cobra-La and a few others. There are no plans for future commercials.

I am buying as many as I can find. They are awesome. I'm surprised so many people are negative about them. Especially considering the poll result is so positive so far.

I will be buying as many as I can find in stores. The figures are downright beautiful. These figures have only made me want them all, especially after handling the 4 that I have. Course, I'm the guy who actually digs the original GI JOE, Super Joe, Sgt. Savage, and of course nearly everything RAH.

I love them, but I also understand how they are polarizing. Some people just don't like change. . .and that's. . .OK.

I have replicas of the original G.I.Joes (thanks Timeless Collection) and Adventure Team. I have many Classic Collection and Hall of Fame Joes. I have all of the Sgt. Savage line - it was cool. I have a few packaged G.I.Joe-Extreme figures to show the line's discontinuity, plus I have most of the 3 3/4-inch stuff from 1982-now.

I collect G.I.Joe and I love having the representatives of the whole 43-year history to date.
    Once upon a time there were TV commercials for G.I.Joe comics. They were generated by an ad agency at the clip of four per year. Whatever was shown in the commercial had to be in the comic. I got stuck with Serpentor, Tomax, Xamot and a host of silly characters. I did my best to make them work because it was a matter of doing the job. If you have a squad of losers, you still have to go out on patrol. I drew the line at Cobra-La and a few others. There are no plans for future commercials.

There are a few things i dont like about them,but overall they are so much better looking then the 80's and 90's joes..

things i would like to see changed are

the Waist.some figures hide it very well,others it sticks out like a sore thumb.
    the LONG Skinny legs.
    The arm joints.some hide it,some don't.i really wish they would redo those or hide them better.

i see them more of whatnots for us grown up collectors then toys for kids,cause i really couldn't 25ths standing up to all the crap we put the oldschool ones thur..

i just want a firefly figure but probably wont find one