• Won't

5 7.35%
  • Haven't seen one I liked yet

3 4.41%
  • Not sure

5 7.35%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Anybody NOT buying 25th Joes ?

Personaly I'm dodging the hype. They seem to be artificially rare and something tells me I'll be able to get them cheaper later after all this crazyness.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by msv
    Personaly I'm dodging the hype. They seem to be artificially rare and something tells me I'll be able to get them cheaper later after all this crazyness.
    I'm dodging scalpers (for the most part), so it hasn't been any more expensive than buying them from Walmart/Target/TRU. I DID pay 10 bucks for Flint from a local comic store a few months ago because I couldn't find him anywhere. I also paid a bit more (foolishly) for a couple of wave 3s (12 bucks each) because I have had my eye on that wave for a while. I had 50 bucks in my paypal account from selling some stuff a few months ago, so I justified the extra expenditure by saying it wasn't coming out of my paycheck).

I'm waiting it out...

So far I've found the 5 packs at retail, but nothing else. I feel if I wait long enough and just keep checking, I'll find them someday...

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I wasn't interested when the first wave came out, I bought them and I remember thinking there was something wrong/awkward with the molds, so I was kinda disappointed. But now I must admit I'm getting used to them.

Some of my buddies didn't buy any, I guess they are very 'traditional' fans.
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

Found waves 1 and 2 at the store, with the exception of the Joe 5-pack I haven't bought any of them.

Serpentor is really the only single card figure I have any interest in, and it looks like I'm not going to see him at retail for a while.

I get the money thing, but as far as taste/style goes, I don't see how traditionalists are thrilled by these figures. They are INCREDIBLY close to the original designs, but the detail is upped a notch. I can't even compare the Scarlett, Beahchead, Storm Shadow, Buzzer, Destro, Cobra Commander (5 pack), Flint...jeez! Everybody except Serpentor and Duke SMOKE CHECK their original figures.

I definitely have a soft spot for AROH figures, but as a new collector, I almost regret buying some of them because I see now that they may get the 25th remake and that would be enough for me (I have a complete straight arm flash that I'm sure I'll sell once I get the Wave 5 flash).

I'm just hoping that they DON'T release huge vehicles or playsets. I know that's selfish of me, but I where will I keep these things? The Whale takes up the better part of my entertainment center's bottom shelf as it is!

Wink I haven't.

I haven't bought a single one yet. Mainly due to the fact that I don't think the figures we're getting are of high standard. But also because my own choices/decisions are to pay for surgery are more important to me.
    Rich
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Saboteur
    I haven't bought a single one yet. Mainly due to the fact that I don't think the figures we're getting are of high standard. But also because my own choices/decisions are to pay for surgery are more important to me.
    Rich
    I think we can all agree that surgery would come first if it was between paying for that and paying for Joes. But still, have you SEEN the wave 3 firefly? Might be worth letting that appendix burst....

I too have not bought a single one but the exclusives. I don't know if it is by choice or not. I just can't find any of the single packs. I do want the box sets though and again, I can't find them.

I understand they are flying off the shelves like hotcakes, but I really just don't see why. Are people just hoarding them?

I am a big toy collector, or rather I should say fan, like the next guy. But, I am, right now anyway, just focusing on completing my filecard collection and some other figures I am missing. If I get anniversary stuff that is cool too.

I will be posting for most of the figures soon.
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

I'm not getting any of them. I feel we've already seen most of them, as many are designed to look like the originals. I want new characters. I also don't like the sculpt design with the carry-over of those unrealistic elbow joints

I feel it's bad for the line overall, as it's just another "restart" to me. It's hard to build any momentum by always changing designs and storylines (T-crotch, JvC, VvV, Sigma 6, 25th) So many lost opportunities IMO
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted