Gold Destro or Rowdy Piper? Who has $200 for 1 figure?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gold Destro or Rowdy Piper? Who has $200 for 1 figure?

Checking sold on ebay and they both are nearing $200 for just one Destro Gold Or 1 Piper. Thats a crazy fast climb. I got a destro months ago for $40 and thought that was high. Now i have no way to get piper. This is insane. this year all con items are jumping.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just Hype?

There's no way that's gonna stay up there. That's a price range reserved for complete Heavy Metal's and Gold Steel Brigades.

For somewhat of a gamble you could try to get $200 out of Destro now and hopefully pick both later when they come down.
    Last edited by roboticplanet; 10-11-2007 at 01:11 PM.

I would not pay that much for those figs. Vintage one yeah I can see the reason but not recently released figs!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I know it is crazy. This is similar to a thread I started a few days ago. You can add Con Grand Slam and Starduster to the insane price club. If these figures are so popular MC should tweak them a bit a do a second version of each (though I guess the Silver JoeCon Destro is a second shot at the Gold Destro).

Thanks to some really really great collectors on here, I managed to get a Gold Destro and Piper figures. I am now seeking and searching high and low for the 2 pack. I have bid 3 digits, but I am not paying 200. The last one ended close to 300!!!!!
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by roboticplanet
    There's no way that's gonna stay up there. That's a price range reserved for complete Heavy Metal's and Gold Steel Brigades.

For somewhat of a gamble you could try to get $200 out of Destro now and hopefully pick both later when they come down.
    I didn't pay anything near 200 for my piper but if anyone will trade me a near mint gold steel brigade for my piper Pm me you got a deal.Please PM me

You know I am really thinking about getting rid of my Gold SDCC Destro for that kind of money. Anyone want to do a Gold Destro swap for a Piper?!?!

I'd pay that much for some International figs, but not those. Neither is good enough in any way.

The demand for those will die down soon. Maybe not this year, but eventually
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Seriously, what's going on with this year's con stuff? I can sell my Piper for more than I can sell my loose con set? This is freaking Bizarro world.

So far there have been 116 auctions for the Piper figure on ebay with 20 currently going. That's about 13% of all roddy's in existence sold on ebay. There's gotta be a wall this thing hit's eventually. Cause seriously, how many joe collectors are there left that can pony up $150 plus for a $25 figure?
    Last edited by phillinley; 10-12-2007 at 01:28 PM.

I have the silver destro and I refuse to pay that much for a gold destro or piper.