25th Ann. Zartan color change - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for the insight, guys.

And, as for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by stad
    There is a variant, one without the color change. It does not have the "color changing face" blurb on the package.
    not ANOTHER variant!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Unhappy "Sea sick" Zartan quick fix........ Darn it. Almost.

I picked up 2 Zartans today and one of them had the slightly changed (blue) face-- and one didn't.

I decided to open the blue face one and keep the flesh one on the card.

I know that the cold changes him blue-- so I figured heat might change him to a more flesh tone.

I took a hair dryer and it changed Zartan's slightly blue face into the perfect shade of flesh! What a fix!

Then, 5 minues later, it was back to the slight blue color again. Damn.

Oh well.... I thought I might have had a quick fix for everyone else who's Zartan might have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny
    I picked up 2 Zartans today and one of them had the slightly changed (blue) face-- and one didn't.

I decided to open the blue face one and keep the flesh one on the card.

I know that the cold changes him blue-- so I figured heat might change him to a more flesh tone.

I took a hair dryer and it changed Zartan's slightly blue face into the perfect shade of flesh! What a fix!

Then, 5 minues later, it was back to the slight blue color again. Damn.

Oh well.... I thought I might have had a quick fix for everyone else who's Zartan might have this problem.
    Or, just wait until summer.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

25th Zartan theory (looking for facts)

So we started off with a color change Zartan on a card marked with "Face changes color"

Now we have 3 different versions, so which is which and what is what?

Here are the facts:

My first Zartan with color change paint and card Prod #72252

Zartan found at walmart last night with color change paint and card Prod #72482

Zartan found at walmart last night with color change paint and no color change card Prod #72502

You'll notice that the last two Zartans were made within 2 days of each other

My theory is that Hasbro started making Zartan with a color change feature, then decided to stop it. They changed the card, but perhaps they still had figures that had been finished with the color change feature. So it's possible that they are trying to make Zartan with no color change feature now but the ones we find with color change paint but a card that has no mention of said color change are the transition pieces

If anyone has a Zartan with no color change paint and no mention of it on the card, I'd like to see the production number to see if my theory holds true

Exactly how does the color change take place? I have the one that came in the "Color Changing Face" package (72352) and I can't get him to change, seems like he's stuck in the green phase. Maybe that's why they wanted to stop production on these and just make him non-changing.

Quote Originally Posted by belfour
    Exactly how does the color change take place? I have the one that came in the "Color Changing Face" package (72352) and I can't get him to change, seems like he's stuck in the green phase. Maybe that's why they wanted to stop production on these and just make him non-changing.
    The color change is temperature related. Stick him in the freezer, he turns green, warm him up, he turns normal (Or at least he should) I've also heard that some figures got more of the color changing paint than others, I don't know if that would make them keep the green hue more or not though

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    The color change is temperature related. Stick him in the freezer, he turns green, warm him up, he turns normal (Or at least he should) I've also heard that some figures got more of the color changing paint than others, I don't know if that would make them keep the green hue more or not though
    Cool, thanks! The freezer trick worked great. He turned super green (minus his neck)

I believe I found one today that doesn't have the color change tag on the package, and it appears that the figure doesn't change colors.

Quote Originally Posted by LOCAL
    I believe I found one today that doesn't have the color change tag on the package, and it appears that the figure doesn't change colors.

Wicked, can you tell us the 5 digit number imprinted on the back of the card?

25th Zartan

I was able to score a 25th Zartan yesterday and had a question in regards to the variant. The one I picked up didn't have the color change stamp on the card.

Is it the figure itself that's a variant or is it the card?

I ask because this morning when I looked at the figure the face had a green tint to it. After I noticed that I decided to stick the figure ( MOC ) in the fridge to see if it would change further. It became a darker shade of green.