I have my Stone - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have my Stone

Quote Originally Posted by quintonarledge
    Thanks for the info, G.F.! Yep, that's the C.C. that I got! I opened him up too! ... and yeah, I'm totally addicted now! I HATED them at first 'cause I was used to the 1:18 Scale guys and didn't like the anime/kid friendly style of Sigma Six, but I gotta say now that they are pretty fun to play with. Lt. Stone has some of the best accessories/weapons ever! I can see why Toyfare had him on their top 100 list. I think that same figure was sitting on the self at K-Mart for 2 and half years! I'm glad that I was able to get one 'cause I don't want to overpay on E-Bay. I don't feel bad about opening him up either!
    I haven't opened up my Stone yet. I usually open up figures when I get doubles or when the packaging is damaged. I did open up my CC though, the black one, and he is a very cool figure. The accessories are not the best, but the actual figure is excellent.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just won my MIB Stone on Ebay, along with a V1 Zartan. Funny thing is, I paid ten bucks more for Zartan than I did for Stone. Combined, they equalled $120.00.
    I am so stoked for them to arrive!

Glad you got your man! Wow...I can't believe what some of these are going for. Incredible. :/ *rubs chin* Should I admit I have a total of 3 Stones (one which has been customized, one awaiting customization and one I'm not sure what to do with yet!)? :shifty

I'm not even sure I could list everything I've got...

My kiddo's uncustomized collection:
    Jetwing Duke
    Heavy Duty V1
    Spirit V1
    Tunnel Rat V1
    Quad SE plus an extra Quad
    Night Quad (no Duke)
    Sky BAT
    Cobra Commander V2
    Zartan
    Storm Shadow V1
    Firefly V2
    Hi Tech V1
    Gung Ho
    Kamakura V1
    Timber (gray)
    both Hoverbikes

Kiddo's customized collection:
    Lt. Stone (as Murdoc)
    Tunnel Rat V1 (as Scarlett)
    Spriit V2 (as MacGyver)
    Duke V1 (as Shipwreck)
    Cobra Commander V1 (as Trooper)

I've got lots of figures kiddo doesn't even know I have yet. Too many to list 'em all, but the MISB and loose but complete ones include 2 Lockdowns, 2 Gung Hos, Inferno, Arctic SE, 2 Lt. Stones, Arctic Duke, Duke and Night Quad, FA Duke, CC V1, a Tunnel Rat or two... more I can't think of. Most are getting customized.
    MacGyver: His mind is the ultimate weapon...

and...knowing is half the battle!

*It's all fun and game till someone loses an eternity!*

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey, MacGyver, why don't you turn one of your Stones into a Major Bludd custom! He's already got the bionic arm going for him!

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Tunnel Rat V1 (as Scarlett)
    I'd like to see that!
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

Glad I could help a fellow collector. Stone really is a great figure, I was just lucky enough to get an extra, complete one. Personally, he is my favorite Sigma 6 figure. The amount of awesome accessories with this figure is just staggering. I agree with Quintonarledge, and Green Firefly. When I first heard about the 8-inch Joes, and saw pictures of them, I thought they were a bad idea. Then, when I first saw them in stores, I was like "Hmmm, these actually do look kind of cool..." and bought a few of them. After I opened a few of them, I really began to appreciate the quality, and the extreme amount of playability, that these figures have. I remember, with the first series, that I was particularly impressed by the amount of cool accessories with Storm Shadow, especially the sword stand. There have been annoying things about the line - like faaaaaaaaaaar too many versions of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Duke, but overall, it's been a great line of figures, and I'm really disappointed to see it come to an end. I'm hoping that Hasbro considers the 8-inch scale again as the G.I. Joe movie draws closer, bringing more attention to the brand.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler. Breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Bubbler
    Glad I could help a fellow collector. Stone really is a great figure, I was just lucky enough to get an extra, complete one. Personally, he is my favorite Sigma 6 figure. The amount of awesome accessories with this figure is just staggering. I agree with Quintonarledge, and Green Firefly. When I first heard about the 8-inch Joes, and saw pictures of them, I thought they were a bad idea. Then, when I first saw them in stores, I was like "Hmmm, these actually do look kind of cool..." and bought a few of them. After I opened a few of them, I really began to appreciate the quality, and the extreme amount of playability, that these figures have. I remember, with the first series, that I was particularly impressed by the amount of cool accessories with Storm Shadow, especially the sword stand. There have been annoying things about the line - like faaaaaaaaaaar too many versions of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Duke, but overall, it's been a great line of figures, and I'm really disappointed to see it come to an end. I'm hoping that Hasbro considers the 8-inch scale again as the G.I. Joe movie draws closer, bringing more attention to the brand.
    Thanks and I agree on all your points. I would add that I think Hasbro has a great character with Stone and it would be a shame to see him die with the Sigma Scale. A rebooted origin (just enough to get him into RAH continuity) and a very similar figure with all of the accessories would make a killing I bet as a 25th style figure. It seems like such a no brainer I can't believe Hasbro isn't thinking of it.

The Stone I won just arrived, and man, is he AWESOME!
    From the partially transparent bionic arm (you can see the cam turning in his forearm when you turn his wrist!) to the plethora of wicked accessories he comes with, this is one figure I'm glad I did'nt miss out on!
    The guy even comes with little bits of tech detail on the bottoms of his feet, perhaps to confound alarm sensors or silence his footsteps.

"Stone, Lt. Stone. I'll have my Cobra blasted, not burned."