"Augment" the Oktober Guard - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Very good choices! Thanx a lot!
    I would drop the machete and give Horrorshow a combat knife instead! I think Brekhov should have binoculars as well, because he is the commanding officer!

Are you sure about the stick grenades? I thought only the germans used this design ("potato masher")!
    Yes, the "official" name for the Russian Stick grenade is RKG. Versions of this "stick" explosive weapon have been used since WWII (starting with the RPG43...vintage 12" Joe collectors would recognize that as being the stick grenade that came withe the 1960s issue vintage Russian Soldier of the World) and are still in use today (here is some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RKG-3_anti-tank_grenade ). Also, Communist China developed and still uses the Type 67 stick grenade. So the stick grenade could fit nicely with the figures as a Soviet weapon...just in case they need some explosive help!

MJ
    Last edited by Marauder_John; 10-24-2007 at 12:05 PM.
    Marauder "Gun-Runners"
    1:18 Scale Weapons and Accessories for ALL 3-3/4 Inch Action Figures.

Ebay Store:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Marauder-Gun-Runners

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder_John
    Yes, the "official" name for the Russian Stick grenade is RKG. Versions of this "stick" explosive weapon have been used since WWII (starting with the RPG43...vintage 12" Joe collectors would recognize that as being the stick grenade that came withe the 1960s issue vintage Russian Soldier of the World) and are still in use today (here is some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RKG-3_anti-tank_grenade ). So the stick grenade could fit nicely with the figures as a Soviet weapon...just in case they need some explosive help!

MJ
    Cool! Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder_John
    Cool topic! Only thing I could add to the discussion are the "Stick" grenades (Russians used a version similar to this for decades), the "Tactical" pistol would work well for all the figures (the pistol has a high tech European/Eastern Block look to it). Also, a GREAT item is the AK 47/74 with removable clip...but use the M4 Double Drum ammo clip on one of the figures (has the "AK look" but the double drum makes the weapon look even more modern & high tech)...nice look for Stormavik! In addition, I always thought Horrorshow, in addition to his RPG and a backup firearm, looked like he should carry a machete. Agree with a lot of the suggestions, so how about:

Daina Dragunov, AKS-74U, and sniper spotter scope
    Colonel Brekhov? AK-74 with grenade launcher, 2 stick grenades & Tactical Pistol
    Shrage RPK, 2 extra ammo drums, 2 ammo cans, Tactical pistol & Combat Knife
    Horrorshow? RPG , Ammo Case with shells, 2 stick grenades, Tactical Pistol and machete
    Stormavik? AK47/74 with Double Drum Magazine, 2 stick grenades, binoculars & Tactical Pistol
    Lt.Gorky? Combat shotgun, 2 stick grenades and "sawed" off double barrel shotgun OR Tactical pistol
    Dragonsky? His own flamethrower, AKS-74U, 2 stick grenades & Combat knife
    Misha Zubenkov? AK-47/74 with banana clip OR Ak47 w/ wooden stock OR AK47 w/ Folding Stock, 2 stick grenades and Tactical Pistol

Thoughts?

MJ
    Definately agree with the spotter scope for Daina-
    I just got one of these and I love it.

Horrorshow- whats teh ammo case?
    If it has spare RPG rounds in it, that would be the dogs (although that shouldnt be too hard to customise)
    Also, instead of the TAC pistol, Id go with the person that suggested the RPK as a back up for him

Stormavik- great choice, Id never even thought to add a Cmag to the AKs.
    Will be trying that one myself

Lt. Gorky- Id go with the TAC pistol as a back up, rather than another shotgun.

Lastly, Id agree that Col. Brekhov should also have a pair of binoculars.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."