I hate to "out" an auction....

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar

I hate to "out" an auction....

but look at this gem:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-GI-JOE-Sky-...QQcmdZViewItem

Who can resist a bargain like that?!?!?
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Darn you Volleydan! I was watching that auction and was hoping to take advantage of the awesome deal. Great, now I'll get into a bidding war and drain the last of my 5 million alloted for Joe stuff this week.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

WOW an overpriced AFA auction. Thats a first

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Forget making my house payment. I'm buying it...Don't try to stop me!

The thing that bothers me most is that it is a buy it now not an auction.
    If it were an auction the seller would have let the market decide how much anyone would pay. To list it at $2000 is just crazy. I suspect he actually bought it for that much(or little less) & now wants to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    but look at this gem:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-GI-JOE-Sky-...QQcmdZViewItem

Who can resist a bargain like that?!?!?
    Jeez...! Can you get kicked off of eBay for using the "ask a seller a question option" to ask if he is crazy? what the heck? :P
    Last edited by Jbluez; 10-24-2007 at 01:05 AM.

I dont get this AFA crap anyways. who decides what grade afa something is, do you send it in to AFA or something? I found a sky raven in a lot of vehicles last month for $8.00. im happy with mine, i might just look for another so i can start a little squad of em.

gee nothing i like more than a toy in a plastic box that i can never open. this afa thing is out of control,i love g.i.joe and have since 1982. And even i think ya gatta be nuts to pay that much for a toy.Expecially a skypatrol.now if it was a uss flagg.....ah heck i still wouldnt pay 2k for it.
    Im not Mad at all. Im just differently sane

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    My friend Chris bought a really nice MISB Sky Raven last summer for around $200. I thought that was high for this particular toy, but the market seems to bear this price range....recent EBay sales have shown this toy consistently selling in the $150-200 range MISB.

What I don't get is how having it AFA graded is worth an extra $1,800???

I hated "buy it now" listings when EBay invented them....they defeat the purpose of holding an auction for an item. Now, any time you look at EBay it seems that about half of all listings are BIN listings instead of auctions and the days of getting a decent deal - or even a fair price - on items are waning. I'm not saying that all BIN listings are bad, but the prevailing trend is that you pay the same for an item on EBay as you do buying from a toy scalper...err...dealer - which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place!

It makes EBay a lot less attractive place to shop, for sure. But on the other hand, I'm sure sellers love it.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    I hated "buy it now" listings when EBay invented them....they defeat the purpose of holding an auction for an item. Now, any time you look at EBay it seems that about half of all listings are BIN listings instead of auctions and the days of getting a decent deal - or even a fair price - on items are waning. I'm not saying that all BIN listings are bad, but the prevailing trend is that you pay the same for an item on EBay as you do buying from a toy scalper...err...dealer - which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place!

It makes EBay a lot less attractive place to shop, for sure. But on the other hand, I'm sure sellers love it.
    On the other hand, sometimes you can find great deals on "Buy it Now" auctions. Usually this occurs when, I'm guessing, sellers don't realize what something is worth, but I have lucked out on a few steals this way in the past. Plus, with "BIN," buyers can have the convenience of not getting involved in a bidding war or having to wait 4-10 days to buy something they want, which to me can be a real plus.

Further, in the final analysis, if somebody is willing to pay it, then good for the seller, if not, then the seller has to eat the 15 bucks or whatever it costs to post a wacky priced item like that. If the market determines the prices through auctions, then it also determines who does or doesn't make money selling things for outrageous "BIN" auctions. So, I guess that I support the buy it now option.