"Augment" the Oktober Guard

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    "Augment" the Oktober Guard

    I just bought the comic packs #6,7, and 101!
    I don't like the weapons and accessories very much and would like to replace them! What accessories from marauderinc do you suggest to "augment" the Oktober Guard?

    Daina should get a Dragunov Sniper Rifle, but what else?
    Colonel Brekhov?
    Shrage deserves the RPK PKM machine gun, what else?
    Horrorshow?
    Stormavik?
    Lt.Gorky?
    Dragonsky has his flame-thrower, something else?
    Misha Zubenkov?

    Hey, MarauderJohn, if you read this, your ideas would be very appreciated!

    Thank you guys!!!

  2. #2
    Here's how I did mine:
    Daina: Dragunov Sniper Rifle
    Colonel Brekhov: AKS-74U
    Shrage: Tommy Gun
    Horrorshow: RPK and RPG
    Stormavik: AK-74 w/grenade launcher
    Lt.Gorky: AK-47
    Dragonsky: Flamethrower
    Misha Zubenkov: AK-47

    Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    I just bought the comic packs #6,7, and 101!
    I don't like the weapons and accessories very much and would like to replace them! What accessories from marauderinc do you suggest to "augment" the Oktober Guard?

    Daina should get a Dragunov Sniper Rifle, but what else?
    Colonel Brekhov?
    Shrage deserves the RPK PKM machine gun, what else?
    Horrorshow?
    Stormavik?
    Lt.Gorky?
    Dragonsky has his flame-thrower, something else?
    Misha Zubenkov?

    Hey, MarauderJohn, if you read this, your ideas would be very appreciated!

    Thank you guys!!!
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

  3. #3
    All great choices. The AKS-74U "mini AK" is one of my favs
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

  4. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Thanx!
    What about sidearms, knives, grenades etc.?

  6. #5
    I'm a fan of the 9mm. A Luger could work, as could the M1911a1 45

    The fragmentation grenades are nice as well

    I don't know if these are truly "appropriate" for the Oktober Guard, but you should still always get what you like no matter what
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick A. Riley
    I'm a fan of the 9mm. A Luger could work, as could the M1911a1 45

    The fragmentation grenades are nice as well

    I don't know if these are truly "appropriate" for the Oktober Guard, but you should still always get what you like no matter what
    I think the Tactical Auto is better suited for the OG. The M1911 is too much "USA".
    The frag grenades could work very well! Thanx!

  8. #7
    Daina Dragunov and AKS-74U
    Colonel Brekhov? AK-74 with grenade launcher
    Shrage RPK
    Horrorshow? RPG well it has to
    Stormavik? same as Brekhov- or, same as Misha with a drum mag
    Lt.Gorky? Combat shotgun
    Dragonsky? His own flamethrower and AKS-74U
    Misha Zubenkov? AK-47/74

    The combat knife would work well for most of them, as would the grenades.

    A few could use western sidearms, but Id leave them out if you want accuracy- most would use Soviet pistols
    Last edited by Bigtattoo; 10-23-2007 at 06:26 PM.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

  9. #8
    Are you trying to say Western sidearms aren't accurate? Traitor! Go back to France!
    Sam
    (Just kidding by the way )


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtattoo
    Daina Dragunov and AKS-74U
    Colonel Brekhov? AK-74 with grenade launcher
    Shrage RPK
    Horrorshow? RPG well it has to
    Stormavik? same as Brekhov- or, same as Misha with a drum mag
    Lt.Gorky? Combat shotgun
    Dragonsky? His own flamethrower and AKS-74U
    Misha Zubenkov? AK-47/74

    The combat knife would work well for most of them, as would the grenades.

    A few could use western sidearms, but Id leave them out if you want accuracy- most would use Soviet pistols
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

  10. #9
    Cool topic! Only thing I could add to the discussion are the "Stick" grenades (Russians used a version similar to this for decades), the "Tactical" pistol would work well for all the figures (the pistol has a high tech European/Eastern Block look to it). Also, a GREAT item is the AK 47/74 with removable clip...but use the M4 Double Drum ammo clip on one of the figures (has the "AK look" but the double drum makes the weapon look even more modern & high tech)...nice look for Stormavik! In addition, I always thought Horrorshow, in addition to his RPG and a backup firearm, looked like he should carry a machete. Agree with a lot of the suggestions, so how about:

    Daina Dragunov, AKS-74U, and sniper spotter scope
    Colonel Brekhov? AK-74 with grenade launcher, 2 stick grenades & Tactical Pistol
    Shrage RPK, 2 extra ammo drums, 2 ammo cans, Tactical pistol & Combat Knife
    Horrorshow? RPG , Ammo Case with shells, 2 stick grenades, Tactical Pistol and machete
    Stormavik? AK47/74 with Double Drum Magazine, 2 stick grenades, binoculars & Tactical Pistol
    Lt.Gorky? Combat shotgun, 2 stick grenades and "sawed" off double barrel shotgun OR Tactical pistol
    Dragonsky? His own flamethrower, AKS-74U, 2 stick grenades & Combat knife
    Misha Zubenkov? AK-47/74 with banana clip OR Ak47 w/ wooden stock OR AK47 w/ Folding Stock, 2 stick grenades and Tactical Pistol

    Thoughts?

    MJ
    Marauder "Gun-Runners"
    1:18 Scale Weapons and Accessories for ALL 3-3/4 Inch Action Figures.

    Website:
    Ebay Store:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Marauder-Gun-Runners

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauder_John
    Cool topic! Only thing I could add to the discussion are the "Stick" grenades (Russians used a version similar to this for decades), the "Tactical" pistol would work well for all the figures (the pistol has a high tech European/Eastern Block look to it). Also, a GREAT item is the AK 47/74 with removable clip...but use the M4 Double Drum ammo clip on one of the figures (has the "AK look" but the double drum makes the weapon look even more modern & high tech)...nice look for Stormavik! In addition, I always thought Horrorshow, in addition to his RPG and a backup firearm, looked like he should carry a machete. Agree with a lot of the suggestions, so how about:

    Daina Dragunov, AKS-74U, and sniper spotter scope
    Colonel Brekhov? AK-74 with grenade launcher, 2 stick grenades & Tactical Pistol
    Shrage RPK, 2 extra ammo drums, 2 ammo cans, Tactical pistol & Combat Knife
    Horrorshow? RPG , Ammo Case with shells, 2 stick grenades, Tactical Pistol and machete
    Stormavik? AK47/74 with Double Drum Magazine, 2 stick grenades, binoculars & Tactical Pistol
    Lt.Gorky? Combat shotgun, 2 stick grenades and "sawed" off double barrel shotgun OR Tactical pistol
    Dragonsky? His own flamethrower, AKS-74U, 2 stick grenades & Combat knife
    Misha Zubenkov? AK-47/74 with banana clip OR Ak47 w/ wooden stock OR AK47 w/ Folding Stock, 2 stick grenades and Tactical Pistol

    Thoughts?

    MJ
    Very good choices! Thanx a lot!
    I would drop the machete and give Horrorshow a combat knife instead! I think Brekhov should have binoculars as well, because he is the commanding officer!

    Are you sure about the stick grenades? I thought only the germans used this design ("potato masher")!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •