Problem with Post 2000 ARAH style vehicle's foot pegs!

yojoe.com

Unhappy Problem with Post 2000 ARAH style vehicle's foot pegs!

Ok, so I recently got a lot of the post 2000 remakes of old ARAH style vehicles. These vehicles are the Brawler (remake of the Hammer), TRU exclusive Snowcat, Black Awe Striker with Pathfinder and the Hiss 3. I started with the snowcat. My old Snowcat I always used as a winter ops troop carrier because it has so many footpegs. So I break out my 85 Frostbite, 83 Snowjob, 88 Blizzard, 87 Avalanche, 90 SubZero, and 89 Stalker. I started by trying to get Snowjob on the back and then it happened... Its foot cracked on the peg. I was very upset and I put it away. The next day I figured I would put Snowjob in the cab and place Avalanche and Subzero on the pegs. They wouldn't fit either and I decided not to force them least I get another cracked foot. The only figures that fit on the pegs were the post 2000 remakes of Frostbite that came with the thing and Bigben.

Then I tried placing a vintage Cobra trooper on the back peg of the Hiss 3, won't work. 86 Viper won't work ; I even tried a 1994 Viper. Now I was getting frustrated. So I figured I would try with the Brawler. I tried 87 Falcon, Hit and Run, 83 Grunt , Recoil and Repeater. They all won't fit secure. If I try to push the foot down to far then it feels like it may crack the foot. These pegs are all fatter and taller. I assume for the newer style figures. I have the new sculpt stuff but I don't use them and I keep most of them except the army builders packaged. So I get no play value from the new ARAH style vehicles in terms of using the footpegs for carrying more figures. Is this just my problem or do you guys have the same issues.
    Last edited by joebahama; 10-24-2007 at 05:42 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've had the same problem but I was luckier than you since none of my figures were damaged, it's difficult to fit them in but it's not impossible
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

I wonder how these re-released molds that are coming out will be handling the issue. Will the HISS and the AWE fit the old joes or the new joes? If they're using the same molds, I'd think it'd be expensive to modify them just to change the foot pegs.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's expensive to change the pegs, but Hasbro does do it from time to time.

You know the Conquest of Cobra Mountain playset? The one that was originally a Star Wars toy? They actually went through the trouble to fatten the foot pegs to fit Joes rather than the thin holes used on modern Star Wars figures. They're cheap, but they have been known to make changes from time to time to make sure the toys work properly. (Considering all the dead Battle Droids and very Star Warsy bits and pieces they left on the base, it's surprising they didn't just remove the robots when they changed the pegs. Perhaps the pegs are a cheap/easy fix.)

I took another look at and now I realize the problem is that the old joes has a more rigid plastic whereas newer post 2000 joes have a plastic that can expand a little more. I guess I won't be using the pegs but I will just place them in the vehicle seats. The ones that can fit on the pegs will be my more worn joes and not my C9 Vintage ones.

Quote Originally Posted by phillinley
    I wonder how these re-released molds that are coming out will be handling the issue. Will the HISS and the AWE fit the old joes or the new joes? If they're using the same molds, I'd think it'd be expensive to modify them just to change the foot pegs.
    Ooh, I hope not... These are basically going in my RAH collection. I have no plans to use these as "25th vehicles", because they're not really.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.