Target Exclusives

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Target Exclusives

As I'm sure we all know by now, Target is having some 25th anniversary exclusive figures with vehicles. I've seen some pics before but never of Crank Case. Why does Grand Slam come with a Shark... doesn't make much sence to me. Anyway, you may want to check out the pics.

[COLOR=#800080]Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions[/COLOR]

Personally, I'm a little divided on these. Grand Slam is a complete repaint of Flash, not even a new head. Cooler colors though. Plus I've never been into vehicles, just figures, so we'll see.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have mixed feelings about these, Crankcase is cool, I don't care for the HISS though.

And Grand Slam is the best driver they could find for the SHARC? talk about lack of sense...
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

All the vehicles look great, in my opinion, but they're really going to go to my RAH collection. Crankcase is alright, Grand Slam is great, the Cobra Trooper I could certainly do without.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by freak4ll

Personally, I'm a little divided on these. Grand Slam is a complete repaint of Flash, not even a new head. Cooler colors though. Plus I've never been into vehicles, just figures, so we'll see.
    that is just a hand painted prototype to show how the figure will look, the pattern on the padding isn't even sculpted yet. I am confident that when he is released he will have anew head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick
    And Grand Slam is the best driver they could find for the SHARC? talk about lack of sense...
    I think it is more about releasing Grand Slam, a desired character that they could make since they sculpted the body for Flash, more than matching a character with the vehicle. this was just an avenue to release Grand Slam.

When are these due out?
    Looking for 25th IGs,Alpine,Leatherneck and Short Fuze

I think sometime next Spring. I will buy them to get the figure and sell the vehicles.
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

Im gonna get them for both. I happen to like the figures and it would be nice to have another Hiss Tank lying around the house.
    Looking for 25th IGs,Alpine,Leatherneck and Short Fuze

I think these are pretty cool concepts and hopefully the final product will look good. Not entirely sure why Gand Slam is coming with the Sharc. It would be nice to get a new sculpt Deep Six.

Aside from the AWE Striker I dont like these at all. We've had plenty of repaints over the years so really the others are just more repaints (ie not very 25th-ish). Also I'm not a fan of the proposed new display style boxes. I want the original art work!

Actually, one of the Hasbro Q & A's confirmed that are going to be using the same head for Flash and Grand Slam, like I said, a straight repaint - I guess that's how the original 82 characters were in retrospect, a lot of repaints - but back then they didn't know they had a hit, now they do. It'd be nice to have a different head unless they are twins. Deep Six or Torpedo would have made more sense for the Sharc. I will probably try and get the figures anyway, but don't want to pay for the vehicles - so we'll see, maybe I can partner up with someone who wants the vehicles and not the figures.

I must say, so far with this line the reuse of parts with different color schemes and different heads has worked exceptionally well.