unofficial 25th Anniversary checklist - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    They will probably release some of the older figures with the next wave 6 batch. Being that there are only three wave 6 figures, that leaves room for five other figures which could be from any wave. I still doubt that they'll release SE v2 or SS v2, since there are several different versions of these characters available throughout the waves. But, Cobra Officer did make a come-back enough for me to acquire six of them at WalMarts after Christmas. I thought I had missed my chance to get any, much less six of them. He was originally in the same wave as SS/SE v2, so who knows what could happen! Hooded CC was also in that wave, and we still see him pop up a lot. Flint and Lady Jaye, I wouldn't worry about them showing up again. Even if they don't then you're not missing anything. The multi-pack version of Lady Jaye looks way better than the wave 2 version; I mean wave 2 L-J is uuuuuugly from the neck up.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Which wave are we up to, 9? I've seen these listed a few different places in the past hour or so:
    • Duke, Tiger Force
    • Cobra Bazooka Trooper
    • Croc Master
    • Mutt w/ Junkyard
    • ParaViper
    • Wraith

Nothing real reliable for sources, mostly I heard, he said, she said etc... and one I work there & found this... Hopefully there is something to it, I'd love to see a Wraith figure!
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by CGC
    Which wave are we up to, 9? I've seen these listed a few different places in the past hour or so:
    • Duke, Tiger Force
    • Cobra Bazooka Trooper
    • Croc Master
    • Mutt w/ Junkyard
    • ParaViper
    • Wraith
    Nothing real reliable for sources, mostly I heard, he said, she said etc... and one I work there & found this... Hopefully there is something to it, I'd love to see a Wraith figure!
    that better not be true. that would be the worst wave thus far. another stinkin' Duke, and Croc Master - one of the worst Cobras ever. and who the heck is Wraith? and "Cobra Bazooka Trooper" and "ParaViper", if legit, better not just be a Cobra Trooper with a bazooka, and Viper with a parachute or something. i want to see different stuff.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hamilcar
    that better not be true. that would be the worst wave thus far. another stinkin' Duke, and Croc Master - one of the worst Cobras ever. and who the heck is Wraith? and "Cobra Bazooka Trooper" and "ParaViper", if legit, better not just be a Cobra Trooper with a bazooka, and Viper with a parachute or something. i want to see different stuff.
    I don't think it is true, most likely just a rumor that was started somewhere. There is more info on wave 9 here.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by hamilcar
    Just to sorta queue you in on how the toy market works these days - there will ALWAYS be core-characters (e.g. Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Duke) on the shelves in just about every wave. Toy buyers (Wal-Mart, TRU, etc.) insist upon it these days.

Secondly, that seems like a HIGHLY plausible assortment to me and would compliment the more...original...waves like what we were shown today.

My intel on the matter suggests that Hasbro is REALLY paying close attention to what collectors are desiring and are delivering at every opportunity they can.

And just a historical note (something we'll add to the archives) the original 82 Cobra Trooper DID come with a gray-green bazooka (as well as another troop with a gray-green Grunt M-16) in either a JC Penny's or SEARS holiday wishbook multi-pack set.

I'm up for Mutt w/ JY, and the Bazooka Cobra Trooper, but the rest are... meh. I like the other potential wave 9 line-up as well, which is reported to have:

BBQ
    Snow Serpent
    Hawk
    Bat
    Bazooka
    Black Storm Shadow

However, being that I grew up on the cartoon, sorta**, I feel like you just can't have Bazooka without Alpine.

** It was that I really grew up with the file cards as my main GI Joe source, and supplimented it with the cartoon.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

Quote Originally Posted by RedClaw
    Just to sorta queue you in on how the toy market works these days - there will ALWAYS be core-characters (e.g. Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Duke) on the shelves in just about every wave. Toy buyers (Wal-Mart, TRU, etc.) insist upon it these days.

Secondly, that seems like a HIGHLY plausible assortment to me and would compliment the more...original...waves like what we were shown today.

My intel on the matter suggests that Hasbro is REALLY paying close attention to what collectors are desiring and are delivering at every opportunity they can.
    i don't need to be queued [sic] in about the toy market. my comments were not based on plausibilty of release, but on whether or not i would want a wave to feature those figures. which i do not.

Quote Originally Posted by RedClaw
    And just a historical note (something we'll add to the archives) the original 82 Cobra Trooper DID come with a gray-green bazooka (as well as another troop with a gray-green Grunt M-16) in either a JC Penny's or SEARS holiday wishbook multi-pack set.
    thats as well as may be, but the figure was not named Cobra Bazooka Trooper. it was just a Cobra Trooper that happened to come with a bazooka. if they are going to release the same character already released with an extra weapon, just do that. don't try any subterfuge by giving it a new name and passing it off as a new figure

but, of course, this entire discussion has been based on pure speculation about possible features of figures the existence of which is also based on pure speculation.

just got the latest rumor from Hisstank about the Modern Era Wave #2 line-up.... I'm not sure who "Mask" is or what "Cobra Flint" may look like, but it has been added to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by quintonarledge
    just got the latest rumor from Hisstank about the Modern Era Wave #2 line-up.... I'm not sure who "Mask" is or what "Cobra Flint" may look like, but it has been added to my list.
    Cobra Flint is probably Flint in disguise as a Cobra Trooper, as seen in one of the cartoon episodes. It's kind of GI Joe's way of emulating Star Wars.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

I think the fact that pictures of wave 9 have been released, pretty much makes that whole argument over the rumored wave 9 seem pretty funny.