unofficial 25th Anniversary checklist - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2007 JoeCon Roddy Piper figure is not "25th Anniversary" style.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by samjjones
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2007 JoeCon Roddy Piper figure is not "25th Anniversary" style.
    No he isn't, but the 25th Anniversary logo is on his card and this is why some collectors consider him part of the line. Especially for a MOC collector he could be included...

G.I. JOE vs. COBRA 3-3/4-inch Entertainment Battle Packs

(Approximate retail price $19.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: June 2008 with additional waves throughout the year)

Images from the classic 1980s G.I. JOE cartoon series are captured in the new battle packs, which include a 5-episode mini-series DVD and 3 to 4 highly articulated 3-3/4-inch figures pulled from these episodes. The five packs slated for June release are: The MASS Device, Weather Dominator, Arise Serpentor Arise, Pyramid of Darkness, and G.I. JOE The Movie (1980s).
    Anyone know which figures will be included with these battle packs?
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Anticipations of the direction the line will go in?

Has there been any indication as to which direction this line will extend down? Is there any expectation on any level that eventually they could end up re-doing the whole entire line from, say, 1982 - 1989ish?

Also, I'm still waiting for an answer regarding the extent to which they will exploit the Python Patrol and Tiger Force lines.

Quote Originally Posted by titandogg
    Also, I'm still waiting for an answer regarding the extent to which they will exploit the Python Patrol and Tiger Force lines.
    Makes me wonder if Hasbro will incorporate the International TF & PP as well

They love doing repaints anyway, so Marujo wouldn't be too far fetched,
    but Outback, Hit'n'Run, Relampago, Gatilho etc...
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

Quote Originally Posted by The Faceless Master
    Makes me wonder if Hasbro will incorporate the International TF & PP as well

They love doing repaints anyway, so Marujo wouldn't be too far fetched,
    but Outback, Hit'n'Run, Relampago, Gatilho etc...
    At this point I'm not even remotely concerned with the Int'l collection. I'm just waiting to hear/see if they plan on fleshing out the full domestic line, or at least most of it, instead of just doing TF Flint and PP Cobra Trooper, and then being done with it. They can't do a "one-and-done" thing with those paint schmes--they've gotta bring the other characters into it!!!

I think hoping for internation figures, before we even have 1/4 of the domestic line, is silly. That doesn't even make sense to me. I mean, I know Hasbro put out Red Ninja...but, was that REALLy a nudge at the internation figure Satan; or ,was that just a way for them to nudge Satan AND make the Red Ninjas from the cartoon?
    ...or, did they even care about Satan, and was that a flat out Red Ninja.
    I've always thought they were just making the Red Ninjas from the comics...I never even thought it was supposed to be Satan.

The card art is identical to Satan, just as IG Destro's single card art is identical to his Brazillian counter part.

We will be getting nods to international figures, I'm sure. It's too easy to put together unique figures with collector appeal and all it costs is a simple repaint.

The upcomming Snake Eyes vs. Red Ninja Troopers 5-pack has 3 troopers and a leader plus Snake Eyes.
    The far left Red Ninja with the Vest would be the Red Ninja Leader.
    Too bad the Sei Tin figure still doesn't have a Hood as seen in the RAH vol.2 #27 Comic.
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images...e/HAS14930.jpg

I've been away from the boards for a few weeks, but stopped by to update my list with the upcoming vehicle packs and DVD sets