Upgrade the tech for the 25th.

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Upgrade the tech for the 25th.

G.I.Joe is America's elite. So, for the 25th anniversary, they really should upgrade their equipment. The modern military doesn't use F-14s anymore, even tho it is still awesome. How about a new Skystriker based on the F-22 raptor? The Decepticons did it, so why not?

For Wild Bill, I'm thinking Apache.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The GI Joes should use the old stuff in the 25th line, and then we need Hasbro to give us new stuff in the next series.

i think they should stay with the older feel as well for right now.. then when the movie rolls around, give us new updated stuff.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by goodguyswearblack9
    The GI Joes should use the old stuff in the 25th line, and then we need Hasbro to give us new stuff in the next series.
    Hm. Good point, I guess.

That idea misses the point of the entire 25th anniversary line of figures.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime
    That idea misses the point of the entire 25th anniversary line of figures.
    Oh, really? Would that point be to make original versions of Serpentor and Zartan? Hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    Oh, really? Would that point be to make original versions of Serpentor and Zartan? Hmmmm?
    It should be, yes! The new versions are terrible (in comparison to the original designs).

I agree with the rest here - they've been trying to "update" GI Joe for a while now and frankly doing a crap job at it. Let's keep it classic for a while.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

So Zartan isn't shirtless and Serpentor has a helmet. So what? Duke has a new weapon but Stalker has a submachine gun that goes back to WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by DPrime
    It should be, yes! The new versions are terrible (in comparison to the original designs).

I agree with the rest here - they've been trying to "update" GI Joe for a while now and frankly doing a crap job at it. Let's keep it classic for a while.
    To reiterate, I can wait until the 25th is over to get a "raptor" version of the skystriker.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    John Warden, Hasbro's "new" head of the Joe line has already stated that those two updates were conceived before he took over the reins. His vision of the 25ths is "vintage". He even went on to say that both Serpentor and Zartan may be made again to resemble their 80s counterparts in the 25th ann sculpt style. I personally doubt it though.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS