GI Joe Sigma 6 Vehicle confusion???

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GI Joe Sigma 6 Vehicle confusion???

Hi,

I'm Skybuzz, and I'm new here. Hope to converse with you guys sometime soon. Right now, I'm a little confused. I got hooked on the Sigma 6 Vehicles and little figures about 3 months ago.

I went to my local ROSS store and saw a lone DragonHawk for $12.99 and picked it up. I was amazed at the quality and play value of it. Later, piece meal, bunches of little figure sets ($3.99) and small vehicles (Rhino Copter - $4.99) and a few other vehicles became available.

But my favorite was the GI Joe Sigma R.O.C.C., and they had about 20 of them stacked on a table for $18.99 each. I bought two because they were so cool, but when I opened it, to my surprise, it was a 3 3/4 size vehicle. It also had black RAH type markings. I took out the seats for the 2.5 guys, and left the other vehicle for my 3 3/4 figures. What's the deal? Also (on the net) I saw a RHINO as a 3 3/4 four wheeler, but a Helicopter for the 2.5 scale Joes. Can some one answer my questions and clean up the confusion? No one even mentions the R.O.C.C as a Sigma 6 vehicle... I wish I didn't throw away the box...

Sorry if this is a bit old, but my computer has been broken and hasn't been used in over three years.

Thanks again,

Skybuzz

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Skybuzz
    Hi,

I'm Skybuzz, and I'm new here. Hope to converse with you guys sometime soon. Right now, I'm a little confused. I got hooked on the Sigma 6 Vehicles and little figures about 3 months ago.

I went to my local ROSS store and saw a lone DragonHawk for $12.99 and picked it up. I was amazed at the quality and play value of it. Later, piece meal, bunches of little figure sets ($3.99) and small vehicles (Rhino Copter - $4.99) and a few other vehicles became available.

But my favorite was the GI Joe Sigma R.O.C.C., and they had about 20 of them stacked on a table for $18.99 each. I bought two because they were so cool, but when I opened it, to my surprise, it was a 3 3/4 size vehicle. It also had black RAH type markings. I took out the seats for the 2.5 guys, and left the other vehicle for my 3 3/4 figures. What's the deal? Also (on the net) I saw a RHINO as a 3 3/4 four wheeler, but a Helicopter for the 2.5 scale Joes. Can some one answer my questions and clean up the confusion? No one even mentions the R.O.C.C as a Sigma 6 vehicle... I wish I didn't throw away the box...

Sorry if this is a bit old, but my computer has been broken and hasn't been used in over three years.

Thanks again,

Skybuzz
    ROCC was originally a 3.75 scale toy, that was later repackaged (with new figure) as a TRU exclusive for the 2.5 line. Given that the ROCC was supposed to be massive in scale, it didn't suffer terribly from the size switch, especially given the limited articulation of most 2.5 figures (most 3.75 vehicles are actually undersized). Other than the figure, there is no difference between the two toys.

The 3.75 RHINO was a wheeled vehicle with a copter. The 'copter was rescaled and slightly redesigned for the 2.5 scale (as was the Atlas power armor).

We don't have an entry for the ROCC in the Sigma 6 archives, because we don't have any submissions for it. True, it is believed to be the same vehicle as the DTC release, but I'd rather have pics from the Sigma 6 release before declaring it as such.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

RE: Sigma 6 R.O.C.C.

Wow!

Thanks for those great replies! Now, at least I know why they were packaged the way they were!

Skybuzz

Quote Originally Posted by PJDonnell
    We don't have an entry for the ROCC in the Sigma 6 archives, because we don't have any submissions for it. True, it is believed to be the same vehicle as the DTC release, but I'd rather have pics from the Sigma 6 release before declaring it as such.
    This is what I've been told by others at the JBL boards who have them both.

I have them both and they are exactly the same vehicle.
    Joe
    GI Joe's biggest fan, well at least according to DDP

Is the command chair in the rear section the same for both also?
    Wanted: 3x Resolute Snake Eyes Glider Packs, 2X POC Spirit Vest, 2X Shocktrooper Helmets, Shocktroopers Please and Thanks!

"Who Are You?" "What Do You Want?" "Why Are You Here?" "Where Are You Going?"
    -The 4 Ideals of Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by misterd
    The 3.75 RHINO was a wheeled vehicle with a copter. The 'copter was rescaled and slightly redesigned for the 2.5 scale (as was the Atlas power armor).
    I'm confused. Was the Rhino actually released for theSigma6 2.5 line? I've only seen it so far as a 3 3/4 set or in the unproduced items thread on this forum.
    If the copter WAS scaled down, then this could this ARAH version therefore be used with the Sigma line with a few artfully applied decals?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cobalt
    I'm confused. Was the Rhino actually released for theSigma6 2.5 line? I've only seen it so far as a 3 3/4 set or in the unproduced items thread on this forum.
    If the copter WAS scaled down, then this could this ARAH version therefore be used with the Sigma line with a few artfully applied decals?
    No, the helicopter from the RHINO was used as the basis for the helicopter in the Copter Countdown set. It may have started it's prototype life as a scaled-down version of the RHINO copter, but there's enough changes to it to be its own thing.

Of course, you could always use it in the Sigma 6 line, they figures would just have a lot of room to slide around!

Here's a comparison pic:

http://yojoe.com/sigma6/missionscale...comparison.jpg

Quick question here, for those of you with the Sigma 6 ROCC - were the instructions and blueprints the same as those for the DTC release, or were they updated with a Sigma 6 design scheme?