What I found out today - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by therobidentity
    It's about doing the right thing especially if nobody's watching.
    EXACTLY!!!
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoraider
    Of course never have a taken a cash payment from these people either, closest thing I've done is asked them to pick me up a few store exclusives I wanted but couldn't get to the store due to my shift time.

If that makes me a bad person, so be it.
    As far as I'm concerned, that's part of the game. Holding is one thing; taking money or letting people into the back room, especially if it's not during store hours... thats where I would personally draw the line. Of course, I would feel better about it if I knew that each 'held' figure was going into the hands of someone who wants it for their own, instead of a scalper... but unless a store strictly forbids holding items, I don't see a problem with that specifically. I would think there would be limits though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lody666
    EXACTLY!!!
    Hooah! ;D
    "I'm sure you're a big hit on Halloween, Zartan." - Colonel Sharp

Trade list!

Since I am going to say a different view here don't hate me. lol First the poor kid is probably making no money working there so why not. I mean comeon now hes getting like $6 to hear people yell at him all day long so if he can make a few bucks why not. Sure I would love to find these but I haven't and willl probably go to ebay for them and save a ton of money on gas instead of driving around all day. I have worked in retail before and toys r us was the worse. The managers would make a list of the "hot" toys that they needed to see and they would go through them and sell the good ones. IN that case you have someone who makes good money being greedy but if you got some kid who doesn't make crap trying to make a few bucks to get by why not. I will be one to speculate but the whole 25th anniversary figs are great but people act like they made 100 of them and thats it. Hot wheels collectors are the same way. They have to have the newest ones out first then 3 months later you see those same ones everywhere. Its a hot toy now and will continue to be but I can't see them only making so many with them selling out that fast. The companies want to make money so if you create a market and hype and make them hard to get sure you will sell every single one. Like anything new thats hot at first the price sky rockets then it comes down to a lower level.
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think we've been over this.

It's against most stores' policies. It's conflict of interest. That's what's wrong with it. Doesn't matter if it's the manager or a stocker. You agree to abide by the store's policies, and that's usually one of them.

I worked in retail for s*** pay too. Don't get me started. I wasn't scalping stuff out of the back room to make rent though.

I think everyone should work retail, just so that they know what people go through. It isn't just kids, either; grown-ups have to put up with the same stupid customers and bad attitudes. Having worked retail myself, I am sympathetic to what they go through - but I do not for a moment think it's ok for them to scalp collectibles out of the back room. Making minimum wage and being treated poorly doesn't make it ok to break the rules. Cops are treated a lot rougher and also get low pay... does that justify them pocketing evidence to help make rent?
    "I'm sure you're a big hit on Halloween, Zartan." - Colonel Sharp

Trade list!

From what I've seen, the ENFORCED policy really varies from store to store (and I leterally mean store to store, not company to company).

When I worked at Target, the location I worked at was very strict about not holding things for yourself or "showing favoritism to one guest over another". When I bought anything, it was required that I buy it using my employee discount number and I was told that everything I bought was on record. One of the hardest working employees (not to mention a good friend) got fired when the Xbox 360 hit because he bought 2 of them (that he had understocked). I've also seen Hot Wheels collectors get kicked out of the store for trying to bribe employees to bring out cases for them or stick items aside.

However, I have been told in another target, by a team lead, that allowing team members to buy items from the stock room was a perk of the job.

The bottom line (at least for Target) is that the employees in ANY Target store are not supposed to hold items aside for themselves or anyone else. This rule is clearly stated in the employee handbook that every employee is given upon hiring. If you can verify this happening at a Target location, I would suggest contacting the district office and letting them know. Just make sure to get the Store location, the emplyees name(s), and their LOD's name (basically the team lead who is on duty at the time, if you're leary about asking the employee for this, you can ask to speak with an LOD at the Guest Service counter, just be sure to get their name).

Reporting it may not stop it completely, but it may help to curb it if they at least know that they're being watched by their superiors.

Whether it is drugs,toys,whatever.I don't buy the making peanuts thing
    People do some shady things to get extra money and always use the excuses for their wrongs.There are plenty of honest ways to get it.Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that,but I don't respect greed.I know a lot of people that have 2 or more jobs to make ends meet.I also hear the excuses "well I am just a squirrel just trying to get a nut".Dishonesty affects not just the 2 involved,but affects us all in the long run.
    Like I said before friends doing things for friends is one thing,but friends don't take money for favors in my opinion.That is a business acquaintance.I can guarantee if these stores ceo's or someone on top found out about this there would be a whole heap a trouble.Because they aren't getting a cut,or maybe they have some scruples still.It all still boils down to greed.
    Memories are some of the greatest gifts anyone can receive.

As far as this incident, the guy is the store manager and he looks to be about 40. He tells me when the trucks come in so I do not complain...he knows the product like collector and knows quite a few. I stopped back buy to see 8 storm shadows and snake-eyes peg warming.

I asked him if he would help me get some of the 25th for my kids (wich is true) because Christmas is approaching and it would be cool to have some of the wave 2 and 3 stuff for them under the tree.

Anyway, I think it is terribly unfair to the public and especially to kids if collectors rake over the truck and get all the cool stuff before anyone else even has the chance to look.

In my area my shelves are finally full of joes. I went to WM the other day and there were numerous Fireflys, Stalkers, Red Ninjas, and Zartans on the shelves. If anyone needs me to keep a lookout for these or even snag them send me a PM. I knowhow hard these were to find and when they finally showed it was an eye opening experience.-