Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by green firefly
    When did the Baroness join GI Joe?
    well maybe its Chameleon?

or maybe just maybe its that PDD ( leopard destro) companion piece

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    I don't think they will market it as "gay Roadblock" lol...but I agree.
    Sorry, but here comes a rant:

<rant>Wave 8 needs to be VETOED! Sorry, Hasbro, you are not allowed to make that.

Duke and Roadblock were just released in the "Bonus wave".

We need some of the following:

Eels. Leatherneck. Zap. Lifeline. Outback. Iron Grenadiers. Sgt. Slaughter. Quick Kick. Alpine. Cover Girl. Snow Serpent. Clutch. Ripcord (with working parachute!) Alley Viper. Televiper. Crimson Twins. Wet Suit. Tunnel Rat.

Choose five of those. ANY five. I'm pretty sure they won't get that many complaints. </rant>
    My feelings exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by code red shockwave
    Snake Eyes: Ok, unless they start doing either the v3 style or v4 style Snake Eyes, this figure will suck big time.

Snake Eyes again: Big surprise...but let's hope in both waves we get different molds. Most likely that won't happen...drat.

Really? Besides those being some of the weakest renditions of SE, I really don't want to see a bunch of different versions of the same character. We all know Hasbro feels they have to have SE in just about every wave, but can't several of them be just the same one carried forward? That allows them to have SE on the shelf (for the kids!) and completists/collectors won't keep getting them all. Plus, we don't have to have a million renditions! Just use the same 4-5 we already have for the next year or two, before we start with more!!
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't care that we have SE in each wave as long as it's to keep him on the peg and not to make us hunt down another version.

Quote Originally Posted by stad
    Really? Besides those being some of the weakest renditions of SE
    Snake Eyes v.4 is actually my favorite version of him. I'd love to have that figure in 25th format. Which is where problems arise. I'd feel a Cobra-La character of any sort would be a compelte and utter waste of time and money. That's me, I know it would sell however. Hard choices for Hasbro I think, sucks to be them at this point. They have 25 years of characters to sort out and come up with balanced options for folks.
    --Dave

Stuff I'm Selling:
    Check it out here:
    http://shop.ebay.com/japanese-toys-n-books/m.html

Stuff I'm looking for: Tiger Force boxed items, send me your lists. REALLY want non-U.S. boxed vehicles and file cards.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguyswearblack9
    I don't care that we have SE in each wave as long as it's to keep him on the peg and not to make us hunt down another version.
    For me, personally, I have no need for another Snake Eyes. I have the one in the 5 pack and the first V2 on a single card. But, I would bet money that in 10 years time, it's going to be the repainted versions that will be pulling in the big bucks on eBay. For those who are looking at the line as a completist or as a monetary investment, they'll be the ones that will pay off in the future.

I don't need more than 2 Snake Eyes, but I don't see why people are so upset by him. He's the Darth Vader of the line. Of course he'll be in almost every wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenric
    I don't need more than 2 Snake Eyes, but I don't see why people are so upset by him.
    Because there are soo many figures that could be made (and really deserve to) instead of even more SE
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Erick
    Because there are soo many figures that could be made (and really deserve to) instead of even more SE
    I suppose, but you could also argue that a figure that constantly sells helps the line make figures that might be lesser known. You'd never have half the cantena aliens in the Star Wars lines if they didn't sell so many Vaders and Han Solos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenric
    I suppose, but you could also argue that a figure that constantly sells helps the line make figures that might be lesser known. You'd never have half the cantena aliens in the Star Wars lines if they didn't sell so many Vaders and Han Solos.
    Just as soon as the stores start selling out of them, Hasbro's idea will be a success.

But, the idea you're addressing is perfectly reasonable. The problem is that the stores aren't stocking, or re-stocking, fast enough. Sure, that's a problem that comes at the start of a successful line. But, eventually, the number of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows left lingering will become a problem when it comes time to reorder stock. (not to mention there are parts of the country that don't even have the figures yet)
    Last edited by DevilKing; 11-15-2007 at 05:18 PM.