Vamp Mark II steering wheel

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vamp Mark II steering wheel

Can anyone provide me with a pic of what the Vamp Mark II steering wheel looks like?

Thanks!
    [email protected]
    Selling/Trading away the following toy lines:
    ============================
    95-01 Star Wars, Original Indiana Jones

Here you go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6f60_1.JPG 
Views:	263 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	3171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7038_1.JPG 
Views:	255 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	3172  

Thanks for the pics! So is the Cobra Stinger steering wheel the same as the Vamp Mark II? The steering wheel in your pics looks just like the Cobra Stinger steering wheel....

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

bump, before this thread gets any older. I'm awaiting a response now too.

Bumping this old thread to see if anyone can help answer my question...

It would be fair to say that it looks like the VAMP steering wheel. Check the VAMP's vehicle archives - Isometric views. The VAMP has no doors, so the wheel is easily visible.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

You have a warehouse!!!! That is awesome, is it full of joes? I remember as a kid sitting in the school gym thinking I wish that I had this gym and that it was completely full of Joes!
    "When you're feeling low and woozy, Slap a fresh clip in your Uzi! Assume the proper firing stance, And make the suckers jump and dance!" Attica Gazette

WANTED
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/80573...tage-joes.html

FOR SALE OR TRADE
    http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/86192-v...tml#post528703

I checked my Sears Ground Assault Jeep and it also has the male attachment peg on the dash. It has the same type of dash board found in the Vamp MKII, with the center console hanging down. Just for reference the steering wheel that fits the male peg type dash board is too big to fit the hole in a non male dashboard, since it has those little ridges down the sides. The wheels therefore don't seem to be interchangeable among my jeeps. It could be that the type of dash board in your jeep will determine which wheel it should have.

Its possible these dashboards interchanged among vehicles over the years with various mail order variants and such. I have a leftover dashboard from one of my original long dead Sears jeeps that I replaced the broken steering wheel with a gray one back when I was a kid. This clearly is a Stinger wheel because I never had a Vamp of either type until many years later. So it looks like the Stinger came with the male dash board sometimes too. I will have to check next time I am at the storage and see what my Stingers have in them. I never owned one of those later mail order Stingers with the different colors, but I do have an early mail order that looks the same as a store bought one in color. I'll see how the dash boards and steering wheels compare.

EDIT: I don't have a Stinger loose here to look at so I checked the one in the YoJoe archive, and it has the male type dash board. You can tell because the male type has an enlarged console on the drivers side that is raised up with a ridge around it. The female dash board is flat across the top and smooth allowing the difference to be quite easy to spot from a top view.
    Last edited by Net-Viper X; 05-03-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

Ok, well I will have to bust out the camera sometime soon. I have have a spare Stinger that has the EXACT same dashboard as my Vamp MK II. It's the one with no male connector and the center console hangs down. I don't remember what my Stinger in storage has, I will check that out too, when I get to it. My Dreadnok jeep is in the same location, so I will get pictures of them at the same time. I do think you are on to something Net-Viper, with the dash variation being the determining factor of the steering wheel. I took a look at Bellemo's guide, 2nd Ed, and the picture of the wheel he has for the MK II is the same as the MK II in my picture above. This is very interesting to me. I wish someone had a sealed in bag that they could examine...

Quote Originally Posted by tmc008 View Post
    Ok, well I will have to bust out the camera sometime soon. I have have a spare Stinger that has the EXACT same dashboard as my Vamp MK II. It's the one with no male connector and the center console hangs down. I don't remember what my Stinger in storage has, I will check that out too, when I get to it. My Dreadnok jeep is in the same location, so I will get pictures of them at the same time. I do think you are on to something Net-Viper, with the dash variation being the determining factor of the steering wheel. I took a look at Bellemo's guide, 2nd Ed, and the picture of the wheel he has for the MK II is the same as the MK II in my picture above. This is very interesting to me. I wish someone had a sealed in bag that they could examine...
    So are you saying your Vamp MKII has the center console and no male connector? That would mean there are three dashboard types then, since both mine with center console have the male connector, and all my dashes without the center console have female type with no peg. I need to get back to the warehoues soon and do some comparing of my other jeeps in storage. I did get to check my MRF racing jeeps from India and they have the female type dash with no peg and no console like a VAMP I, but the MRF has a steering wheel type that differs from the hasbro style wheel so I can't use that for comparison.

I have to wonder if that male connector dash with console appeared in later mail order vehicles that would normally have the female type without console because the mold for the no console dash was in another country being used for something else like the Action Force SAS jeeps or the Funskool versions. We need to find someone to give a good look at an Action Force SAS jeep and if my theory is accurate, it will have the female dash with no console. Also if this theory is correct, then the later mail order Stinger with the variant color scheme will have the male dash with center console.

Hopefully I can get back to the warehouse this weekend or early next week and check some more. I have one of those 1998 Rattler jeeps with the blue camo on it and it has never been played with so its wheel and dash will be original to it. Also have a couple of extra Stingers I can check that will all be either Store bought or early mail order that are identicle to the store bought.

We shall get to the bottom of this one way or another.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive