Vamp Mark II steering wheel - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Net-Viper X View Post
    Thats the same conclusion I was coming too Hotdog about the three seperate wheel types going with the three seperate type of dash board. However it appears that TMC has a ribbed wheel on her no peg dash, so I'm wondering if the wheel is not the original to that jeep, or if they revised the wheel first then later added the peg, so that some ribbed wheels came with no peg dashes for a while.

To nail it down a bit more, I notice you have a Stinger with the peg dash while most are no peg. I assume that is a mail order version, and apparently a later release than my 85 mail order Stinger which has no peg. Is your Stinger the mail order version with the color variation or is it still original colors? It looks like the original colors from the pictures but I can't tell for sure.
    mine's just the plain jane version (both of them). the steering wheel with the ridges has a larger opening on the back. I am sure it was supposed to come with the dash with the peg, as the smooth steering wheel won't fit on the dash with the peg (although the ridged one somewhat fits on the non pegged dash, i think the smooth only goes with the empty dash).
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

However it appears that TMC has a ribbed wheel on her no peg dash, so I'm wondering if the wheel is not the original to that jeep, or if they revised the wheel first then later added the peg, so that some ribbed wheels came with no peg dashes for a while.
    I will tell you that I am 100% certain that steering wheel came with that jeep. I bought it from a guy who had it since childhood, the only other jeep he had was the Vamp V1, he wasn't a collector.

Thats very interesting TMC, does your steering wheel in that Stinger have the same size hole as the one for your Dreadnok Stinger? It could be that those ribbed wheels were designed first and did indeed intentionally come with the no peg dashboard for a short time. Another possibility is that the factory still had some of the old no peg dash boards left when they got the new style ribbed wheel, so they used up the rest of the old non peg dashboards with the new ribbed wheel before moving on to the newer peg dash.

I wonder, if we get to the bottom of this, is there somewhere on this site that info like this is archived for others to make use of? A compilation of info like this would definately help collectors determine the originality of their vehicles.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I wonder, if we get to the bottom of this, is there somewhere on this site that info like this is archived for others to make use of?
    Indeed.

Upon confirmation it can go into the archives.

You just have to ask .
    Inevitably successful in all circumstances.

Thats very interesting TMC, does your steering wheel in that Stinger have the same size hole as the one for your Dreadnok Stinger? It could be that those ribbed wheels were designed first and did indeed intentionally come with the no peg dashboard for a short time. Another possibility is that the factory still had some of the old no peg dash boards left when they got the new style ribbed wheel, so they used up the rest of the old non peg dashboards with the new ribbed wheel before moving on to the newer peg dash.

A compilation of info like this would definately help collectors determine the originality of their vehicles.
    This is how the ones I have are.

US VAMP mk 2 retail - with collar (female dashboard) and with peg (male dashboard)
    US VAMP mk 2 Hasbro direct - with peg (male dashboard)

US Stinger retail - with collar (female dashboard) and with peg (male dashboard)
    US Stinger Hasbro direct (early) - with collar (female dashboard)
    US Stinger Hasbro direct (late) - with peg (male dashboard)

US Dreadnok jeeps - with peg (male dashboard)

Action Force (early era box) Stinger - with peg (male dashboard)

Japan Stinger - with peg (male dashboard)
    Last edited by Tolan; 05-28-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: added dreadnok jeeps info
    Inevitably successful in all circumstances.

ohai! i've been on a steering wheel crusade as of late, found four gray stinger/vamp mkII type steering wheels. for some reason i can't get the uploader here to take my pics, but if you follow this link:

>>link deleted<<
    ..i put a thread up on HISS asking for input. i am of the opinion that the smooth column and ridged column wheels go to the non pegged dashboards, i found at the joe con two peg specific steering wheels, they have flanged V's and a larger hole in the column to accept the peg. i kept one and got the other one to Mr. Bellomo for his use. now i know from a seller on eBay that they went to his mail away, and i don't see any reason they'd not go to ANY pegged dash, since the non peg ready wheels (smooth or ridged) just don't fit over the peg. incidentally the peg ready columns are thinner and prone to cracking, but that's beside the point. i also got a pick of a fourth type of wheel with an angular alignment tabs, your guess is as good as mine which jeep that goes to... i am trying to find collectors with boxed (but not sealed) jeeps that DO have sealed accy baggies. they could answer which wheel came with which non pegged jeep...
    Last edited by CardboardJedi; 07-05-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CardboardJedi View Post
    ohai! i've been on a steering wheel crusade as of late, found four gray stinger/vamp mkII type steering wheels. for some reason i can't get the uploader here to take my pics, but if you follow this link:

Attn Stinger and VampMkII owners!! i need your help - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe

..i put a thread up on HISS asking for input. i am of the opinion that the smooth column and ridged column wheels go to the non pegged dashboards, i found at the joe con two peg specific steering wheels, they have flanged V's and a larger hole in the column to accept the peg. i kept one and got the other one to Mr. Bellomo for his use. now i know from a seller on eBay that they went to his mail away, and i don't see any reason they'd not go to ANY pegged dash, since the non peg ready wheels (smooth or ridged) just don't fit over the peg. incidentally the peg ready columns are thinner and prone to cracking, but that's beside the point. i also got a pick of a fourth type of wheel with an angular alignment tabs, your guess is as good as mine which jeep that goes to... i am trying to find collectors with boxed (but not sealed) jeeps that DO have sealed accy baggies. they could answer which wheel came with which non pegged jeep...
    you might want to get rid of the link to the tank, iirc that's one of the rules here, no posting links to the tank
    Looking for Brazil Estrela Falcon Piloto(tan glider pilot grunt) and Estopim(tan Grunt) complete, as well as an Argentine front(Grunt) a Venezuelan Grunt(not sure of name). Thanks

very sorry, i'm new here but not new. signed up in 2010 but a glitch in registration never allowed me to post. finally got it fixed at joecon... if i may ask, why the kerfluffle over interforum links?

I don't believe that ban is still in place. I could be wrong though. It was silly to begin with. I believe HT was banning links to Yojoe at one point, but I don't think that's the case anymore either as I see links to Yojoe on that site quite often. Or maybe mods on both sides just aren't enforcing. I would put your link back and just see if it gets removed, then maybe put this thread link on the HT thread. Any shared info is good for everyone.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner