25th figures- Am I the only one? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On the other hand, they are much more improved look wise to the actual joe characters
    ...absolutely agree

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 80s_Joes
    Just wondering if I'm the only one here who actually thinks this, but I've gotta say that I'm incredibly dissapointed with the way the new 25th anniv figures are made!
    Trust me, you're not alone, and I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick
    Hmmm I have to disagree...

While the figures may seem awkward at first, the improvement that has been made on several characters is just fantastic, like Chris L mentioned... Snow Job, CG, Flash, IG Destro, etc. all these are gems!

I haven't had any troubles posing them either, and the extra articulation is a neat feature (and necessary I might add)
    Totally agree with what you said. I like the vintage stuff and I plan on buying a few here and there within the next year. But the 25th stuff rocks! The detailing and the articulation is just incredible. I think the 25th has it's place in the long line of G.I. Joe and is just as good as the previous lines.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I for one don't care for them, I think they look to gangly to me, they don't hold a pose very well and the don't hold their weapons worth a darn. they don't fit in the vehicles.

I love the art. and the sculpts are interesting.

but they are not part of my joe-verse, I hope everyone goes for them and leave my T-hooks guys alone.
    C. M.

Im not a fan either.

There are some things thta have been improved- extra articulation, the accessories, and some great points about them- especially the packaging, which is fantastic.

BUT, I still feel theyre a cheaper alternative than the O-ring Joes, made with cheaper plastics and inferior construction.

Agreed that some of teh sculpting is better but they arent anywhere near as good as the best of the RAH joes.

Unfortunately, they seem to be popular enough that Im afraid we've seen the last of O Ring joes, and thats a crying shame.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

I hope everyone goes for them and leave my T-hooks guys alone.
    Yup...leave 'em alone!

I collect the 25th and all Joes between 82 and 85, but I'm very happy with the 25th line. I like them a lot more than the O-ring Joes (because I only set them up for display) because they look nicer. New Flint vs. Old Flint and Beachhead vs Old Beachhead are two prime examples of ROH getting crapped on by the newer 25ths.

I'll always love my old Joes, but I'm having an torrid affair with these new ones....

Dispersed about the country in deep cover
    As a collector of ARAH '82 - '88, nothing can compare to what I deem as the originals, but....?!

When the 25th Anniversay line was released earlier in the year, I was (and still am) busy collecting what I felt was important to me (old school). However, recently (within the last couple of months), I've been picking up whatever I can find of the 25th Anniversary MOC figs for several reasons:

1) No offense to anyone who collects Sigma 6 or other Joe products aside from ARAH '82 and beyond, but I'm a child of the 80's (read: born around 1975 and in grade school when ARAH came out). I can't relate to Sigma 6, 12" figs, GI Joe Extreme, etc. When the 25th Anniversary line came out, these were (are) figs that I "knew". Similar card art, similar size, same names, etc. So there's an appeal to get some.

2) On that note, there are those of us out there who remember aisles full of Joes back in the day at Toys R Us, Venture, and Osco. Now the displays are small and limited to a couple pegs of carded figs, and a shelf of boxed sets. Still, it's nostalgic to see a SNAKE EYES in a Toys R Us. There's a feeling or a memory or a digression that I go through that says, "... You gotta get that!"

3) I feel the 25th Anniversary figs are collectable. I have one each of all the Joe's through wave 5 (Yeah, I've got variants, too. Thus far, yellow Stalker and Snake Eyes w/ black Timber.) As far as the Cobra figs, again, one each through wave 5. And all three boxed sets.
    But here's the kicker...
    Now I'm old enough to get as many CG's (represent!), Cobra Officers, Cobra Enemy, Cobra Air Troopers, and Red Ninja's as I can find (and afford?!). When you're six years old in 1982, you can't do this. At least I couldn't.

So I'm collecting them.

That being said, here's how I really feel.

The 25th Anniversay line will never have the same impact on a 7 year old in today's world that the original ARAH figs and vehicles had on me back in the day. Maybe it's because guys like me are buying them up, and today's kids (except mine) won't even have a chance to play with a GI Joe.

Is this COBRA at work?

ooh, finally, kindered spirits. I'm a member of a transformer board, and everyone over there is entirely gaga over this line. I like the detailing and extra articulation in the 25th line, but prefer the overall lines and style of the o-ring figures, especially the ones from the past 5 years or so.

Here's the problem with 25th stuff

There Isn't Enough And They're Too Expensive When You Do Find Them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?