The official Toy Fair 2008 thread - Page 15

yojoe.com

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Wow...

After seeing the damaged Bat parts... All I can say is, they really nailed it!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think its actually better than the original BAT.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The damaged head is cool beyond words!

I'm still trying to figure out where do those spikes go... and why does he have two backpacks?
    In issue #44 where Dr. Brainwave (Dr. Minderbender) is introduced along with the B.A.T.s, Airtight, Heavy-Metal and Barbeque, the B.A.T.s are shown to be a delivery system of a strange sci-fi weapon: the creeper vine.

The B.A.T.s run at a target with the canister pack as a back-pack and they deliver the weapon.

It is cool how the B.A.T.s pay homage to issue #44 and the to the original figure. Very cool.
    Once upon a time there were TV commercials for G.I.Joe comics. They were generated by an ad agency at the clip of four per year. Whatever was shown in the commercial had to be in the comic. I got stuck with Serpentor, Tomax, Xamot and a host of silly characters. I did my best to make them work because it was a matter of doing the job. If you have a squad of losers, you still have to go out on patrol. I drew the line at Cobra-La and a few others. There are no plans for future commercials.

Yah i wanted to see Nemesis Enforcer myself. But i guess they can't show every thing here.
    -
    And i haven't seen anyone post anything about this so let me say it now. He! He!

Did anyone else that the Vehicles driver like Clutch seem to have a new upper leg swivel joint that looks like they will go out sideways sort of like the ball joint on the upper arms? That seems a little odd!

And i see most of these figures also seem to have the wide Crotch again. So i guess Hasbro decided to not goto the thinner or restyled Crotch after all. Very Odd also.

Just thought i'd out it out their.

Yo Joe!
    By: Captain-DC
    02/17/2008

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think that's only on the prototypes, from the press photos. The actual show figures have the normal legs, and they all appear to have the thin crotch, aside from any of the figures reusing old molds.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnakeEyes
    I think that's only on the prototypes, from the press photos. The actual show figures have the normal legs, and they all appear to have the thin crotch, aside from any of the figures reusing old molds.
    And here i thought Hasbro was going to go back and retool all of the Wide Crotches and make them Thinner! But with these shown to have the old Wide style i doubt they are going redo them now. Oh-Well!

And the others with the upper ball joint on the legs most likely are the Prototypes! But if they do that to the actual Production figures it would seem odd!

By: Captain-DC
    02/17/2008
    Last edited by Captain-DC; 02-17-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIPWRECK"N"POLLY
    What month will the new 25th Terrordrome go to retail?
    Isn't this the same joker who was "hinting" at his supposed information over on HissTank?

Nice going, trying to rile everyone up over a Terrordrome.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

That HISS looks different from the one posted as "new" on the Hasbro GI Joe official website. The one on the official site looks more like the original HISS. Kinda like the new Target exclusive one, but in black. In terms of the 25A upgrades, these vehicles bite. They belong to the older style 3.75" figures. For Pete's sake, don't just slap on a satchel over an Armadillo and call it 'new'. Look how Serpentor is now even more too big for his ride! I was really hoping to see a new set of sculpts with these same vehicles, just like the 25A action figures. Hasbro, you gotta spend money to make money, just like you did with the original GI Joe 3.75" toy line in the 80's.

All my vehicle money for this line is now officially going to BBI, unless Hasbro decides to do a "GI Joe Masterpiece" version of the original vehicles.

That reminds me, anyone have a link to pics of the new Prowl that everyone is raving about?
    Last edited by Rooster3D; 02-17-2008 at 02:55 PM.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

I think that "joker" has already been scolded by several people, haha.
    He should probably ask for his money back on that crystal ball he bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D

That reminds me, anyone have a link to pics of the new Prowl that everyone is raving about?

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...=9024&start=40
    here ya go.
    Booya!

Where are thee pics Sideshow figures? Weren't they being shown today? Are there any sights that have them up yet?