The official Toy Fair 2008 thread - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lody666
    Does Hasbro have any plans for creating a better outlet for communicating with their collectors. Receiving input, critisism and ways to hear what the fans REALLY want to see in regards to upcoming released figures, current lines and future products.
    Realistically, you have all you are probably going to get in that department.

1. You have access to Hasbro customer service via email/phone/snail mail.

2. You have access to the Hasbro Joe team via several fansites monthly Q&As.

3. You have access to the Hasbro Joe team at both SDCC and Joe Con.

That is quite a bit of access and it is probably going to be as good as it gets.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    Realistically, you have all you are probably going to get in that department.

1. You have access to Hasbro customer service via email/phone/snail mail.

2. You have access to the Hasbro Joe team via several fansites monthly Q&As.

3. You have access to the Hasbro Joe team at both SDCC and Joe Con.

That is quite a bit of access and it is probably going to be as good as it gets.
    1. Complete joke-when has ANYONE gotten any relevent answer to the questions they have had?

2. The Q&A only takes the most asked questions and those that they may feel like answering-won't answer anything controversial or taboo

3. Not everyone can get to the SDCC or JoeCon thus a better outlet where the questions can be asked, comments made, opinions given etc to those that have their hands in the line and matter most.

Where DO they get their information from them that tells them "what the fans want" when it seems that for the most part most info would come from the SDCC or JoeCon and those are the same people that seem to attend them everyear with little to no exceptions.
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    I've ignored TMNT merch for 20 years, but now I'm actually stoked about NECA'S new Turtle line... The Leo looks AWESOME! Any further intel you can get DB would be appreciated!
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

currently occupying an old opposum's tree burrow

DTC Wave 4 Question for Hasbro

Well, the only pertinent thing that i am curious about regarding Hasbro, is when the "long overdue" DTC Wave 4 figures are going to be available sometime this year @GIJOE Collectors Club. Besides a tidbit about them at the Con this past year, there has been basically nothing discussed about them, at least nothing i have heard or read. I realize that Hasbro Reps @the Toy Fair are not likely going to mention DTC wave 4, at the Toy Fair next month, b/c they will be focusing on the upcoming 25th Anniversary line figure assortments, vehicles, movie info, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ignatius
    Well, the only pertinent thing that i am curious about regarding Hasbro, is when the "long overdue" DTC Wave 4 figures are going to be available sometime this year @GIJOE Collectors Club. Besides a tidbit about them at the Con this past year, there has been basically nothing discussed about them, at least nothing i have heard or read. I realize that Hasbro Reps @the Toy Fair are not likely going to mention DTC wave 4, at the Toy Fair next month, b/c they will be focusing on the upcoming 25th Anniversary line figure assortments, vehicles, movie info, etc.
    That question may be better suited being direct to Brian Savage of Master Collector / Fun Pub.

Generally speaking, retailer exclusives aren't shown or really discussed at Toy Fair.

where is the toy fair going to be located? Sorry for the rookie question as I have never been to one before.

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid_liter
    where is the toy fair going to be located? Sorry for the rookie question as I have never been to one before.
    No worries. When ever you see a toy fair simply referred to as Toy Fair 2008 (or Toy Fair 2009, 2010 - you get the idea) that's the biggee and it is always in New York City in February.

This is the event where the Toy Companies have traditionally introduced new product for the upcoming year.

You can find out more about Toy Fair here http://www.toyassociation.org/AM/Tem...ContentID=3538

But be warned it is not open to the public. Basically you have to be a manufacturer, a retailer or press to go.

Registration is open to the trade only; Toy Fair is not open to the public. Those eligible for admission as buyers include retailers, wholesalers, importers, and buying groups. Certain categories of trade guests are also eligible for admission. Individuals who cannot document their direct, professional affiliation to the trade are not qualified to attend. Suppliers to the trade are not qualified to attend. Each registrant must present both Company I.D. and Employee I.D. Individuals who cannot document their direct, professional affiliation to the trade are not qualified to attend. No one under 18, including infants, will be admitted. Toy Fair participants will be required to show government-issued photo I.D. (such as driver's license or passport) upon request.
    It is too bad because there is more to see there than even SDCC. But it is better because you can cruise the floor and talk to people without getting trampled by the masses like at SDCC.

I did some research on google and now I think I got the skinny down on these toy fairs. i guess what i meant to ask about is the local comic cons. I just want to some way obtain cool and exclusive Joe's or other toys.

Scott was telling about a comic con in Seattle which Im confused with a toy fair... Now I know the toy fair is once a year in New york. I didnt know much about these things now I do.

So when and where can i look to find conventions or fairs of some sort here in Seattle because my girlfriend and I would like to check it out.
    Last edited by hybrid_liter; 01-12-2008 at 01:23 AM.

I did some research on google and now I think I got the skinny down on these toy fairs. i guess what i meant to ask about is the local comic cons. I just want to some way obtain cool and exclusive Joe's or other toys.

Scott was telling about a comic con in Seattle which Im confused with a toy fair... Now I know the toy fair is once a year in New york. I didnt know much about these things now I do.

So when and where can i look to find conventions or fairs of some sort here in Seattle because my girlfriend and I would like to check it out.
    Here's the big Con in Seattle:

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/

But really the only place you are likely to get exclusive Joe products are the Joe Convention - here is a link to last years. 2008's has not been announced:

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/...anta/index.cfm

or San Diego Comic Con (probably the biggest Comic/Toy/Sci Fi fest in the country). No guarantee that there will be exclusive Joe product, but there will be exclusive toy products - it just depends on what lines the toy companies are pushing at the time

http://www.comic-con.org/