Poll: Best early 80's year for Joe's? - Page 2

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: Coolest year of G.I. Joe characters?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1982 (V1 Snake Eyes, Rock n Roll, Scarlett...ect)

2 9.52%
  • 1983 (Snow Job, Torpedo, Destro...ect)

0 0%
  • 1984 (Duke, Firefly, Storm Shadow...ect)

8 38.10%
  • 1985 (V2 Snake Eyes, Flint, Quick Kick...etc)

11 52.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There was a very similar poll to this a while back, and I think 1985 (rightly) was the most popular poll there, as it is here, with 1984 in second place. Flint, Crimson Guard, the Crimson Twins, Bazooka, Dusty, Cobra Eel, etc.--hard to beat those figures (though I agree that 84, and possibly 82/83 had more great characters). Plus, I think that the relatively generic expressions of a lot of the Joes up through 1984 keeps them from competing with the more charismatic 1985 figures, but I'm sure that this is not a universally held view.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I had to vote for 1984 although 1985 was also a great year.
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

I didn't truly get into joes until 85 so I guess that was best for me. Before that it was Master's of the Universe and transformers. In any case I think Joes came into their own in 85 with the new ball neck and the Joe molds started to get more realistic and original. For example, compare infantry trooper footloose to 82 grunt or the Mauler to the Mobat. Its like two totally different groups to me. When I did track down figures from previous years only a few of them I really liked such as Recondo, Storm shadow and a few others.