MOC Collectors?

yojoe.com

Thread: MOC Collectors?

MOC Collectors?

I know there is a thread for this topic somewhere...but that was a while ago, and this is 2008. So, for all the old MOC collectors and esepcially for the peeps new to collecting MOC, what are you (currently) collecting?

My current goal is to start and maybe finish a set of 9-backs w/ Cobra Commander offer.

My next/concurrent goal is to start/finish an offerless, insertless set of series 4 on a 34 back card.

My ongoing goal is to locate and obtain an offerless 9-back Scarlett as well as a C9 MISB HISS.

And, of course, I'm always looking to pick up any good deals that should happen throughout the year.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrder

My ongoing goal is to locate and obtain an offerless 9-back Scarlett
    I am 100% convinced this does not exist. Scarlett appeared late in stores and was impossible to find at first. After talking to several very knowledgeable MOC collectors and checking out around 50 MOC Scarletts from auctions and store inventory over the last four years I have NEVER seen an offerless Scarlett 9-back. I think the order of release was 9-backs, then 9-backs w/ CC offer, and finally 11-backs for 1982 which would explain why Scarlett wasn't available on a standard 9-back card since she hit the stores late. In fact I think we discussed this two years ago or so in these forums and the consensus was the same--it doesn't exist.

If you somehow find one and prove me wrong PLEASE post pics here and verify its existence because I know several other hardcore MOC collectors would like to know it exists as well.

As far as your original question I eventually want a complete set of 1982 MOCs to include all 9-backs (both with and without snap-on, stay-on text), 9-backs w/ CC offer, and 11-backs. Once I complete that goal I want to get all the original team from 1982 on the later release 20-back and 32-back cards. Just completing these goals alone will cost me a fortune and take years of chasing but eventually once I complete some other collecting goals this will be my focus.

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!

offerless 9-back Scarlett

Hi, I’ve been a lurker for a while, just registered today.

I am not a MOC collector so I don’t know the market or what’s available now but I do remember buying a straight arm Scarlett before I had ever heard of CC or any mail in offer for him. So it probably was available for a short time back in the day. As for finding one now – good luck. LOL

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

does the cobra commander offer cover scarlett's legs on the card art? if so, then i have one without an offer. i don't have a fullcard though, just the filecard. i'll scan it if you want

oops, sorry, didn't see the 9 back part of the equation there :P
    Last edited by Deadman2099; 01-03-2008 at 08:59 PM.

The legs would be covered if it has the CC offer. The filecard by itself would not prove anything though because it could be from a carded Scarlett that was on an 11-back, 20-back, or 32-back.

Here is an example of a 11-back Scarlet that could be the source of your filecard:
    http://yojoe.com/cardback/82/scarlett11back.shtml

However, it could have been the cardback from 1983 or 1984 as well since the first figures were available all those years and on all styles of cardbacks. Here is a 32-back Zap from 1984 showing the figures from that year on the back:
    http://yojoe.com/cardback/84/zap32.shtml

The only real way to tell is to see the cardback or MOC figure. Good luck with that--I have been looking for years!

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!

Looks like I was working on my last message while you were editing your post Peter but I'll leave it up to help illustrate the point anyway.

Dan

Dan,

I know that an offerless 9-back Scarlett currently does not exist. But, I'm a firm believer in the unexpected. If I could pick up a C9+ Snake Eyes no snap-on, stay-on text MOC, a C9+ MOC 32 back Stalker, two (2) offerless 9-back Flash's, AND seventeen (17!) MOTU 200x paintmasters (one of which is a unreleased 12" painted resin in a mock-up box using a handcut proof sheet with a Wal-Mart rejection slip on the back), all without really trying, then I'm sure that I'm bound to come across the ever-illusive offerless Scarlett.

(As a side note, for a while gutstheberserker had the only known offerless 9-back Flash.)

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrder
    I know there is a thread for this topic somewhere...but that was a while ago, and this is 2008. So, for all the old MOC collectors and esepcially for the peeps new to collecting MOC, what are you (currently) collecting?
    Hey I'm not old...I'm 28!!!

My answer would be the Explosion backs and loose Cobra army builders. And a Storm Shadow. I still need a Storm Shadow.
    I did only what my duty demanded. I could have taken no other course without dishonor. And if it all were to be done over again, I should act in precisely the same manner.

-Robert E. Lee