Build a Tanks for the Memories tank contest

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Exclamation Build a Tanks for the Memories tank contest

How about we have a Build a Tanks for the Memories tank contest?

The goal is to custom build either tank that we should have received for our Steeler and Rip It convention figures.

You can use any tank - not just the Mauler - and not just made by Hasbro - however it must be a tank and it must be in scale to the 3 3/4" figures.

One entry per person - it can be either the Joe or Cobra tank. You can make both if you want but only officially enter one.

The winner will be selected by a popular vote.

The deadline can be either 30 or 60 days - depending on what you all think is fair.

So far no prize - just bragging rights and the fun of building it.

Any takers?
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sounds like fun! I think I have a few tank shells lying around, I'd be willing to join if it gets going!

Nick,

I know it isn't much, but its a start. I'd be willing to get things started by putting up a Jungle Viper as part of the prize.

Perhaps others whom don't plan to participate would be willing to throw other stuff into the pot.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have very little customing experience but I have an idea for my Rip it figure.

Because of that I thought of the popular vote.

And didn't to offer a prize.

However if there are others that want to give a prize, that would be cool.

I might need to make myself un-eligible to win though.

Thumbs up

I think it's a great idea - I was thinking about making one anyway. You mentioned 30 or 60 days, I think 60 would be better, that way there is extra time for anybody who doesn't have parts on hand to find them.

One more possible twist - make the prize a kitty. Anybody who would like to enter adds something small to the prize cache. The final winner could be chosen in a poll, & everybody who entered sends their offering to the winner.

Just a thought, & it could make it a very interesting contest!
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by CGC
    One more possible twist - make the prize a kitty. Anybody who would like to enter adds something small to the prize cache. The final winner could be chosen in a poll, & everybody who entered sends their offering to the winner.

Just a thought, & it could make it a very interesting contest!
    I think that's a great idea! I'd be willing to put a MOC 25th Figure of some sort into the pot!

So it sounds like there will be at least 3 of us making tanks and that should be enough to get started - hopefully more will join up.

How about March 15 5pm pacific for a deadline? That is just over 60 days giving any late joiners enough time.

I'm in for a 60 day build and I can add a couple DTC Troopers to the Kitty.It'll be my first custom so I dont expect to win,but it'll be fun to try.

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    So it sounds like there will be at least 3 of us making tanks and that should be enough to get started - hopefully more will join up.

How about March 15 5pm pacific for a deadline? That is just over 60 days giving any late joiners enough time.
    Awesome!! I'll get started on one right away!

Tanks Shells

If anyone needs a Mauler, Mobat, or Wolverine shell (no parts of any kind included) for this contest I have extras! They are all in good condition, just pay postage & they're yours. I can send pics if needed. LMK