"12-15 guys lined up at 7:45 a.m"

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

"12-15 guys lined up at 7:45 a.m"

Went to a different Target today a little out-of-the-way from where I live just to try a different store for a change. When I got to the Joe isle, same ole' story...a crap load of Wave 3 figures! As I was in the isle a guy who works in this dept walked down towards me & asked if I needed help. When I asked him when their expecting more he said, "We never know. We usually get about 12-15 guys lined up at 7:45 a.m. at our front door just looking for these particular figures. A bunch of them told me that they buy them just to sell 'em for more money on Ebay".

Well, with my work schedule I'm unable to compete with these guys so I guess they can just have 'em! Just too bad that guys like me & you are looking for them to actually hold onto & collect & these guys that are buying up all the Flints, Snake's, CO's, CG's & CAT's just to make a few bucks profit on Ebay! Hope this isn't alot of you guys on here...
    Last edited by 80s_Joes; 01-10-2008 at 03:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Most of those early birds in my experience are Hot Weasels. Those guys are very dedicated to their hobby.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

I thought that Hasbro was supposed to increase production on the figures. I'm as upset as you are. I've been at Wal-Mart and K-Mart almost every day and never see anything. The thing that makes me angry is that I actually have the money for Joes right now. If I ever do find figures it is just a few old pegwarmers. I do not have a chance to see any of the comic packs if this keeps up. I could go online for the figures, but I'll pay way more in shipping than I want to. I have almost all of waves 1-3 except Flint. Haven't seen a wave 4 or 5 item except for Blade Destro.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Why so much venom toward Ebayers? They have a right to make a living however they choose. If you can't get there, it's just too bad, you'll need to use another method.

Besides it's not like these things are selling for all that much on Ebay anyway. The new waves are all that go for anything and from what I've seen they only hit about 12 bucks a piece. After fees and what these guys pay for gas everyday trying to catch the figs they aren't making all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoraider
    Why so much venom toward Ebayers? They have a right to make a living however they choose. If you can't get there, it's just too bad, you'll need to use another method.

Besides it's not like these things are selling for all that much on Ebay anyway. The new waves are all that go for anything and from what I've seen they only hit about 12 bucks a piece. After fees and what these guys pay for gas everyday trying to catch the figs they aren't making all that much.
    The hatred for ebays is due to the fact they go out of their way to buy figures just so they can sell them to make money while people like us who actually want to own them to hold and not pay an arm and a leg are left without a choice because of people like this. And as for their prices on ebay the fact i've yet to see any wave 5 figures for under 10 dollars makes me unhappy, i rather go to retail and pay their actual price.
    Looking for 25th IGs,Alpine,Leatherneck and Short Fuze

Quote Originally Posted by 80s_Joes
    Went to a different Target today a little out-of-the-way from where I live just to try a different store for a change. When I got to the Joe isle, same ole' story...a crap load of Wave 3 figures! As I was in the isle a guy who works in this dept walked down towards me & asked if I needed help. When I asked him when their expecting more he said, "We never know. We usually get about 12-15 guys lined up at 7:45 a.m. at our front door just looking for these particular figures. A bunch of them told me that they buy them just to sell 'em for more money on Ebay".

Well, with my work schedule I'm unable to compete with these guys so I guess they can just have 'em! Just too bad that guys like me & you are looking for them to actually hold onto & collect & these guys that are buying up all the Flints, Snake's, CO's, CG's & CAT's just to make a few bucks profit on Ebay! Hope this isn't alot of you guys on here...
    btw i live in Mass too, hopefully its not the Target i work at otherwise im the man getting all the Joes, but only to keep not to sell.
    Looking for 25th IGs,Alpine,Leatherneck and Short Fuze

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeWRATH360
    btw i live in Mass too, hopefully its not the Target i work at otherwise im the man getting all the Joes, but only to keep not to sell.

What makes it sooooooo much better that you keep them or not? Hoarding is hoarding right? So you have an advantage that you exploit to your advantage but these guys aren't allowed to make money? Some standards.

The hatred for ebays is due to the fact they go out of their way to buy figures just so they can sell them to make money while people like us who actually want to own them to hold and not pay an arm and a leg are left without a choice because of people like this. And as for their prices on ebay the fact i've yet to see any wave 5 figures for under 10 dollars makes me unhappy, i rather go to retail and pay their actual price.
    +1
    Buy the time you buy one of the rarer figures on ebay, hope that it actually arrives to you in the condition your being told & pay their shipping cost your going to be around $16-$18 atleast. Thanks but no thanks...I'll take my chances & spend a little gas! Only need 3 more figures to complete all 5 waves anyway!

The Target you work at wouldn't happen to be either Taunton, Seekonk or Dartmouth...would it?

How much profit can they make after ebay fees and shipping costs? a dollar or less per figure?doh

Stores should limit the amount people can buy.If others never find the figures they might lost interest in collecting.Hasbro needs to hire different people