"12-15 guys lined up at 7:45 a.m" - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by samluvsjoes
    I know that bull like this has me seriously considering getting out of the hobby. This is one of the reasons I left Star Wars collecting behind. In fact, if anyone wants my 25th figures, I'll sell most of them. PM me for a list of what I have.
    Sam
    Don't give up because a few wieners wanna exploit your hobby! But if you must, got any loose 25th Grimson Guards and red symbol Troopers?
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraghostship
    For $12.99 plus $5.60 shpping each?just kidding
    lol, no, I'd actually sell them for 4 bucks shipped, except the carded figures, which I'd sell for 5 bucks shipped.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

Yeah, scalpers flourish in every hobby. I spent the last 10 years restoring my 82 Trans Am Knight Rider car and when you tell junk yards or online sources you need a part for an 82 T/A, they'll practically give it away, but if you mention your rebuilding an old KR car, the parts start to go at a premium. It just goes with the territory and you'll just have to find creative ways to skirt around them.

For some reason the SW stuff is trickier to find than Joe around me, but I went yesterday afternoon and found the Hawkbat clone I've been chasing for a month or so sitting right out on the pegs around 4pm. I've learned a lot of patience. My area is rife with hoarders that buy 30 of everything for no reason what so ever. I guess it dawns on them at some point that no one needs 30 holo-Vaders and they return them. The local TRU and Target are great areas to get these returns as I've caught several complete waves that have been returned.

It does suck to see all this Joe goodness and not being able to find them. I freaked during wave 2 and ended up going the eBay route, but as was pointed out, they are every where now. All I really have to show for that expenditure was being able to enjoy them about a month before everyone else. I waited patiently and was able to grab wave 3 piecemeal over a month-month and a half, and this weekend I grabbed 5 in one fell swoop. Hang in there, brother!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD MINT STORMSHADOW
    Don't give up because a few wieners wanna exploit your hobby! But if you must, got any loose 25th Grimson Guards and red symbol Troopers?
    Actually, I do have a red symbol trooper from the COBRA Legions set.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

Sam
    Anything from waves 4 and 5 moc?
    Memories are some of the greatest gifts anyone can receive.

Sam
    Unless you are really just looking to get out of collecting for personal/other reasons, don't do it man. The only problem with Joes right now is getting them when they first come out. Put remember Wave 2 and 3, how difficult they were to find in any real numbers a couple of months ago? Now you can find just about anyone from those waves. There may be an exception for troop builders, but that is always the case and isn't necessarily driven by "scalpers". This is likely how things will proceed with most new waves. First couple of shipments are cleaned out quickly (and not always by scalpers - If I found wave 5 in December, I would have bought all the CGs and at least one of the others, likely clearing out most what was in stock), but these are mass produced figures. We should all get our chance to buy them at retail.