Canadian carded anniversary line - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I'm from Canada and really think the cards for the Canadian market are ugly, as everyone agrees. I buy all my figures from the US so it's no big deal though. I was in a Vancouver TR'U yesterday just on a hunch and found all of wave 5 on cards (Snow Job, Crimson Guard, IG Destro, Shipwreck, Flash, Hooded C.C., Snake Eyes) I already had these from a US order but thought I should get a few just because of the unique, all-be-it ugly, packaging. I didn't need to get all, so just went one Cobra, one Joe, and thought I'd stick with Canadian flag colors so I went with Snow Job and C.G.

Even though the US and Canadian dollar are still roughly par value, these figures were $9.99 each. Kinda glad I didn't get them all.

* It was the Broadway location if anyone's looking.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Not a proto. The blank cards are from Canada/foreign market. Rare? probably not.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

More about these blank Canadian cards here:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=56058

Be prepared
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

No art on the package?!Lame stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.
    As with all your videos I loved this one. I've been wondering about these canadian figures for awhile now. Will the lack of card art effect the figures future value? Do you think they'll end up being worth less then the american figures because of this? Either way I'm sorry to see the canadian collectors getting the shaft like this. At fist glance, without the card art the figures kind of look like bootlegs to me. Something you'd see in the toy section of a dollar store.
    I think it will 120% affect future value of this line.

HAHA that video review is pretty much what I was thinking when I saw the special "Canadian" cards...the whole point of the 25th line is its vintage-ness...and I don't recall seeing generic dollar-store Joes back in the 80s. I will gladly continue to purchase American releases to get the full artwork and filecard printed on the back (and yes I know the Canadian ones have paper filecards inside but it's really not the same).

Is this stuff still hard to find everywhere else? I've been checking Edmonton for weeks and only have Shipwreck, 2 CGs, and a Snow Job. Also, has anyone seen any waves other then 5?

The wave 5 figures are tough to find, when you consider that most Wal*Marts and Zellers have been getting only one box per shipment.

I know that Wave 6 just popped up in Ontario ( on US cards no less).

I would consider the Artless carded figures as just "Hard to Find" not "Rare" ...yet.
    The Call of Chaos
    It's a toll-free, long distance call from the warp.

Zinthos.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.
    As with all your videos I loved this one. I've been wondering about these canadian figures for awhile now. Will the lack of card art effect the figures future value? Do you think they'll end up being worth less then the american figures because of this? Either way I'm sorry to see the canadian collectors getting the shaft like this. At fist glance, without the card art the figures kind of look like bootlegs to me. Something you'd see in the toy section of a dollar store.
    I had thought on how the artless card might be worth in the future. I honestly believe they may be worth more than some of the US release cards simply because the numbers produced will be greatly lower. (Now this could be many years off from now)

They are already getting higher than retail on ebay ( though that is through some shady miss-representation of what it actually is)

The number that will get opened is probably going to be fairly great, so that will reduce the carded numbers even more.... and the figures are identical to the US release ones so you wont be able to tell them apart.

one other way to look at the artless card and if it is worth more than the US one .. it is already... they are being sold at retail for 7.99 to 9.99 . This is compared to the 4.55 to 6 bucks that US stores are charging.
    The Call of Chaos
    It's a toll-free, long distance call from the warp.

Zinthos.