How would you compare the Funskool version of these vehicles to the original?

yojoe.com

How would you compare the Funskool version of these vehicles to the original?

Vehicle like the Mean Dog, Detonator, Razor back, Imp, Desert Fox and Artic Blast. I may add these to my collection but if the plastic is warped and the pieces don't fit together properly, oversized missile or weapons slots etc.. then I won't bother. Also are the parts interchangeable with US or European releases. Any input would put helpful, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My experience with FunSkool vehicles/figures are they are of lower quality. I would not own them.
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by joebahama
    Also are the parts interchangeable with US or European releases. Any input would put helpful, thanks.
    Yes. The plastic quality is below US standards but they display well.
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I bought a Funskool Zartan a while back. I removed him from the blister and when I went to bend his knee, the lower part of his leg broke off.

The vehicles aren't too bad. the figures are much different, much lower quality. But the vehicles are just about the same. Some are different colors.
    HOME OF THE NYC VIPERS

http://www.tristatevipers.com

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeNYBT
    The vehicles aren't too bad. the figures are much different, much lower quality. But the vehicles are just about the same. Some are different colors.
    I really liked the Funskool XP-14F Skystriker's color mold. It was a neat overall grey and went very well with decals from the Godzilla F-18 Jets. The small stencil style "stars and bars" made the fighter look soo much better. The only thing was the orange missiles, but everything can't be perfect.

I put a pair of blue flight suit Ace figures in the cockpit, and it looked perfect!

SkyBuzz

If you buy any Funskool vehicles with the intention of opening them up to display or play with you might want to see if J. Rueben or GI Joe Heaven has re-pro decal sheets. The Funskool stickers are horrible. The one good thing about the vehicles though is the Box and Blueprints. They are top quality.

I've bought tons of Funskool stuff from smalljoes.com over the years but regret buying them. I wish that I just shelled out a few extra dollars per figure/vehicle and bought their vintage U.S. counterparts to begin with because that's what I ended up doing anyway.