Wave 7 pics - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 7 pics

Each wave seems to be better than the last. I like what I have seen so far. The use of Flash's torso and arms works well on the Hiss driver.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Snake Eyes v. 3 was the only version of SE I had when I was a kid so I’m pretty stoked about it. Looks like an all new sculpt, not just a retool. It will also be nice to get a Snake Eyes that is actually black as opposed to extremely dark gray.

Duke doesn’t look ugly like the comic pack version but is still a waste of space and plastic. I foresee that he will be a peg warmer. I think the only people who might pick him up are those who missed out on the original Duke or want the jetpack. I’m actually disappointed that this figure is given the repaint treatment but we still don’t have a Tiger Force version of Duke or anyone else for that matter.

All the other figures look pretty slick.

Thumbs up If they only released the Snake-Eyes from this wave, it'd still be a good wave.

Duke is clown shoes. I won't even buy him to get the flag or the Jump pack. 1/5

It hadn't bugged me until it was pointed out, but Bill's head is kinda small. Oh well. The hat looks like it comes off and he's got working holsters for his S.A.A.'s. That's cool. 3/5

Snake-Eyes is like Wolverine. If they're gonna have an X-Men line, you better believe it gonna have Wolverine. Several Wolverines. The same goes for Snake-Eyes. At least this is the best Snakes so far. If you hold a 2007 Wave One fig, they feel wiggly, like they might break, but that was fixed by Wave 3. The crotches are all improved, and the sculpting is even more detailed. The only thing we have to fear from Hasbro are poor figure choices and uninspired repaints. Although, with this I'll have three 25th Snakes, and I really never wanted more than one. Still, this figure is pure awesome. They sculpted the shoulder grenades, and who hasn't wanted removable trench knives since 1989? 5/5

Spirit. Hmmm. Well, I'm not a fan of this version, honestly. It looks like he'll have trouble holding his rifle, but maybe the extra clips will fit in the back. And maybe the other knife in the shoulder rig will come out. That'd be great. I do like that stoic head sculpt, though. 2/5, but I'll still get him 'cause he's Spirit.

Hiss Driver. He'd be great, if he came with the Hiss. I think the legs look pretty bulky compared to the torso. Still, someones gonna make a cool custom with this guy. 3/5, for the homage, but I'm still not interested.

Viper. Wow. He looks like he stepped right out of the cartoon. And the rifle is perfect. And it looks like the molded the hands to better fit that perfect rifle. I'll never see this guy in stores. Jeez, is there anything wrong with this figu-- Wait...WAIT. HASBRO!! WHERE ARE MY REDUNDANT GOGGLES!? I hate this figure, I'm never buying G.I. Joe AGAIN!! ...5/5

-AK
    I haven't been around much because Facebook is such a time suck. So join me!
    http://www.facebook.com/ambrosekalifornia
    AMBROSEKALIFORNIA'S MOST WANTED
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=69678

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I know we all grew up playing with joes and have fond memories of the characters but get over the lack of goggles. The goggles never made sence to me even when I was a kid, it is too silly. You have this soldier with a face shield, the face shield is under the helmet, and goggles fitted over the helmet...for what purpose??? Even if the face shield is shattered, the goggles won't help any because it is fitted on the helmet, and not the soldiers head. Other than how the wrists look, I love this version. Flints lack of gloves deserves more uproar than the goggle issue, and even now no one is talking about that anymore.

Angry This Crotch Is Stupid!!

Quote Originally Posted by rook
    I know we all grew up playing with joes and have fond memories of the characters but get over the lack of goggles. The goggles never made sence to me even when I was a kid, it is too silly. You have this soldier with a face shield, the face shield is under the helmet, and goggles fitted over the helmet...for what purpose??? Even if the face shield is shattered, the goggles won't help any because it is fitted on the helmet, and not the soldiers head. Other than how the wrists look, I love this version. Flints lack of gloves deserves more uproar than the goggle issue, and even now no one is talking about that anymore.
    Uh, dude, I was joking. "Redundant goggles", remember? And Flint lacking gloves kinda sucked, but I was mad about what was left out of the Urban Camo Storm-Shadow. Forearm sleeves and a CLAW. I'm not too big a Flint fan, but I loved that Stormy's design.

And the CLAW.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbroseKalifornia
    Uh, dude, I was joking. "Redundant goggles", remember? And Flint lacking gloves kinda sucked, but I was mad about what was left out of the Urban Camo Storm-Shadow. Forearm sleeves and a CLAW. I'm not too big a Flint fan, but I loved that Stormy's design.

And the CLAW.
    Trust me, it wasn't directed to you, and I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I have looked over several forums such as yojoe and tni and so forth, so my statement is refering to all of the complaints that I have read over the past week. I should have clarafied and I apolagize.

Crotch-reversy

Don't sweat it Rook, I was poking fun too. I see how hard Hasbro seems to be trying this time around, and I really don't like how they just get bit in the butt-packs for it. They make new figures for "Collectors" in which they would assume we'd be leaving them in the package to retain value, but we all know we don't, we play with them, because they're toys and we all love toys. So, some "collector" is at home playing with his "investments"...

"PKOW! PKOW!"

"Curse you, DUKE.

You'll never get me COBRA COMMANDER! I'm gonna escape in the AWE-STRIKER! ...Hey wait! I don't fit!"

...And now you see the origin of the first angry letter to Hasbro. (involving crotches)

So then Hasbro tries to fix it, and does, from what I understand. (My Siegies sit much better than those near x-rated pics of Lady Jaye in someone's sig on TNI.) And people complain about THAT! They fixed it, because we wanted them to, and people still hated it! Hasbro is a huge company now, and they still do all these little thing to make their products better. That's great! I think they're just being really nice to all the hardcore fans to soften them up for the movie and the inevitable Happy Meals.

And with that new Snake-Eyes, it working!

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up making him little rubber goggles that strapped to the Vipers head.

-AK

Dukes jetpack does not look like it comes with the attached gun that came with the Cobra Airborne trooper or the J.U.M.P. So I am wondering how many Dukes are going to be purchased to fit the upcoming Grand Slam with a silver jet pack, or even a customized one to resemble the original. I however do like this Duke for some reason, as well as the rest of the figures.

I'm just happy as **** to get a Duke with a fixed crotch and fixed arms. To me it was a very smart way of Hasbro reintroducing a fixed Duke into the line up. Now only if they could figure out a similar way for Flint and Gung Ho.

Googles appear

"Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner