Wave 8 pics - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 8 pics

^ I agree, I would love to see a new Scrap Iron, they've only made 2 and the second part of the ARAH series sucked.
    I'm thrilled they are making the original's like Grunt, Stalker, Flash. However, they still need to make one's for Zap and Short fuze.
    Does anyone know when these are due, as here where I live, we still haven't gotten the set with Flash, Snow Job etc. ?
    www.advancediron.org ..worlds largest Iron Man fansite.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraviper72
    Finally a new Major Bludd and Grunt, two figures I have been wanting and hoping for since the 25th series started.
    If only the Grunt was single carded. I like the single carded art and dislike the comic packs (any multiple packs for that matter).

This wave is a waste to me. 6 figures that are just variations of figures that have already had a release. Boo! They should have released the Snake Eyes, Baroness, Cobra Commander, and python patrol in comic packs instead of single packs. They should've released 6 new "characters" on single cards instead of rehashing. I will pick up Major Blood though. Would've grabbed Baroness if she was the black version.

I'll pass on all but Major Blood. The python patrol officer and the upcoming tiger force flint kind of concern me. There are so many characters that don't yet have a 25th anniversary figure so I hope that spots that could go to characters that don't yet have a 25th anniversary figure don't end up going to a python patrol baroness or a tiger force lady jaye.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I like the Snake Eyes in the Parka, but the rest look extremely "CHEEZY" to me? Hope they don't keep making late 80's versions of these figures!

Yeah, it's just overkill - far too many of the same characters over and over again. Most of the figures int his wave are actually pretty nice, but shouldn't have been released until further on down the line. I like the arctic Snake Eyes, but c'mon, can you at least give us a few months between different versions of SE? One or two of these re-paint figures in a wave of 7 would be ok, but to only have one completely new character is a disappointment. The only two figures themselves that aren't to great are the Cobra Commander, and Baroness. CC doesn't look bad, I just don't know that it's worth paying 5-6 dollars for one new accessory. As for The Baroness, I like the new head sculpt, but I think the whole sculpt for this figure should have been re-done. She's still disproportionate, and bow-legged. The Baroness is one of my favorite characters, and I've been disappointed by this sculpt from the beginning. I'm hoping that Hasbro considers giving such a major character a re-sculpt somewhere down the line. I also think that, in this color scheme, she would have been a natural to put in a comic pack, maybe with a new character.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler. Breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    On the whole I'm not that impressed with this wave.

SE: I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again: ENOUGH WITH THE SNAKES/STORMY REHASHES. In its defense tho, at least it's more than a simple repaint.
    Roadblock: Not bad. but, I got the RB from the box set, so I'm good there.
    Python Soldier: I'll snag one, MAYBE a second one.
    Baroness: Meh. Gonna pass on this one too
    Flint: See Baroness above
    CC: I like the including a MASS device crystal with it. I kinda like the cartoon paint scheme. I MIGHT get this one.
    Major Bludd: I'll probably get this one, just because it's a new character in the 25th scultping.

1. I like the Baroness. It's a good tribute to her MASS device & early comic book look, which I'm pleasantly surprised is being made at all. I wsh there was some way to do good looking transparent green lenses, but oh well.

2. I like what they've done with Cobra Commander, and the MASS element is a great touch. I wonder if they'll do the other two components? Now, if only they'd make his head about 40% or 50% bigger so it wasn't the size of a large fist...

3. Python Patrol...meh. I hope the red logos start looking like that, though.

4. Yeah, Major Bludd is a heavily repainted Zartan. Somehow, though, it looks pretty good so I can't say I mind.

5. I owned and liked both v1 and v2 Roadblocks, but I can tell from the way they angled his helmet that they're trying to conceal that he still hass a diminutive head like in the battle back.

Just got the new Master Collector today, they have more detailed pics inside of wave 7 and Major Bludd. I've got to say, I'm impressed with the removeable rockets from his gun and backpack. Helmet is also removeable, and I think they did a good job with the face sculpt.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

Quote Originally Posted by Deogg

SE: I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again: ENOUGH WITH THE SNAKES/STORMY REHASHES. In its defense tho, at least it's more than a simple repaint.
    You might as well say Star Wars should stop making Luke and Han.
    Or tell Marvel no more Wolverine or Spider-man.
    Or Yell at chickens to stop laying eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by stad
    Just got the new Master Collector today, they have more detailed pics inside of wave 7 and Major Bludd. I've got to say, I'm impressed with the removeable rockets from his gun and backpack. Helmet is also removeable, and I think they did a good job with the face sculpt.
    If only the thigh pads were removeable.