Wave 8 pics - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 8 pics

Quote Originally Posted by therobidentity
    I like the Snake Eyes. I like the Roadblock... except for his unwieldly left hand, and the fact that the M249 has huge ammo and a tripod. Not excited about PP, "Baroness", or CC (although I like the element prop). I really like the Flint. Bludd, I actually kind of like.
    Hm...yeah, what's odd is that Snake Eyes is the best figure of the lot. Maybe because he has the fewest number of recycled parts?

<edit>I wonder if we'll get winter parkas for Stalker, Breaker and Scarlett now? I'm hoping Quinn is a given.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Why is there so much hate for Roadblock? This was a well used and a classic look for him. I love it.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

I like the Baroness more the the boxset one (I do wish they had fixed the body - so far that's the one 25th body I don't really care for, but it seems to look better in blue to me)

I also like the Roadblock much better then the first one (I always liked v2)

Major Bludd looks just fine to me too.

Might get the Snake-eyes too, not sure, maybe TF Flint too. The other too I doubt I'll buy...

Wounder why more people aren't doing a "happy dance" now that Flint finally has gloves (picture), that was such a big deal for so long
    Last edited by TheReverend; 01-24-2008 at 04:05 PM.
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ok, so I rant and I rave, but I'll still buy these, I'm sure. haha
    Bludd has always been one of my favorite characters, so I'm at least happy they're including him. I just can't believe they put him in a filler wave. That whole "we're pushing him back to make sure we get him right" line was complete BS...I hope; because if it wasn't, then I'm afraid to think of what they originally had, that they felt needed to be improved on.

Hasbro sculpter: "Hey guys! Hows 'bout we jus use this '83 mold of Major Bludd for the 25th line?"
    Hasbro thought thinkers: "NO! Just stick that head on the DD Zartan 25th body, and we're good as gold! Hee Yaay!"

Over the top. I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    I wonder if we'll get winter parkas for Stalker, Breaker and Scarlett now? I'm hoping Quinn is a given.
    I already do! Just used extra Snow Jobs, changed the legs and heads, and voila! Snow Gear Joes!
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

I honestly thought these were customs when I first saw the reports a few days ago. If others like them, that is just fine, but I am disappointed in Hasbro. The big question I have though, is why did Hasbro push Bludd back two waves if he is pretty much just a repaint with a new head?

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    Why is there so much hate for Roadblock? This was a well used and a classic look for him. I love it.
    Well, maybe because he's just a redecorated version of the first one, which wasn't that great in the first place. He can barely hold his weapon.

Plus, the new weapon he comes with does not need a tripod. Why isn't it the same weapon that version of Roadblock came with?

Very disappointing

I'm pretty disappointed with this wave. There are so many CLASSIC characters/figures that need initial 25A treatment; to go with 1 new character and 6 re-paints is not good. Hopefully, this isn't the start of a trend, or else I'll find myself jumping off the 25A bandwagon as quickly as I jumped on.

Like many old-timers, I thought the Tiger Force/Python Patrol junk was the beginning of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by samjjones
    I'm pretty disappointed with this wave. There are so many CLASSIC characters/figures that need initial 25A treatment; to go with 1 new character and 6 re-paints is not good. Hopefully, this isn't the start of a trend, or else I'll find myself jumping off the 25A bandwagon as quickly as I jumped on.

Like many old-timers, I thought the Tiger Force/Python Patrol junk was the beginning of the end.
    Let's hope it's not the case this time. I still need Barbecue, Blowtorch, Alpine, Dusty, and Bazooka to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by samjjones

Actually I loved those! The real beginning of the end were neon colors. Crap that was comic pack wave 1.
    VERY disappointed in Major Bludd. What was taking so long that they had to push this back? His measly arm???