Wave 8 pics - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 8 pics

Thumbs down

Wow... This almost feels like the begining of Hasbro dropping the ball on this series...

"Dear Hasbro,

We're COLLECTORS-- not KIDS!!!"

Hasbro says it knows this line is for collectors, so why are we getting a snow suit version (Kwinn???) of Snake-Eyes? Don't they do this stupid crap like this with Batman and other kid's lines? Give popular characters stupid outfits just to sell more figures??? DUMB!!!

And with all the other great figures out there yet to be done-- do we need Tiger Force and Python Patrol already?

And quit being cheap on the packaging! Ace and Wild Weasel come in a comic pack (where you don't need to pay your artist to do a full illustration), but TF Flint and PP Cobra Soldier come on single packs where the existing art can be easily changed??? Booooooo......

This wave is a BAD direction. Another CC?? And a Baroness with comic book colors? Where's my regular single carded Baroness??

Rodablock is fine. At least he has an original TORSO. And while Major Bludd actually looks pretty good to me-- even though it's almost a 100% rehash of Zartan. (How about a figure of the original design of Zartan Hasbro???? You say you're doing to do it with Serpentor-- but no plans for Zartan??? Who wants Serpentor more than they want Zartan????)

I really wouldn't care for crap wave like this one execpt for TWO things--

1) We only have a limited time for this series to continue before they have to make Movie toys, so let's not waste Waves with rehashed filler nonsense.

2) Is this the NEW dirction for this series? So far, Hasbro has listened to the collectors more and more, but this seems like a KID wave and not a COLLECTOR wave. Who was asking for half this stuff??? They get TONS of feedback as to what we're looking for, but to give us this...? Seems like they might be changing their business plan on this series. NOT GOOD.

Long, I know, but my .02 cents.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Alighieri
    The big question I have though, is why did Hasbro push Bludd back two waves if he is pretty much just a repaint with a new head?
    It still looks like they used Zartan's HEAD, too. Just gave him a helmet, eyepatch and moustache.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny
    Wow... This almost feels like the begining of Hasbro dropping the ball on this series...

"Dear Hasbro,

Hasbro says it knows this line is for collectors, so why are we getting a snow suit version (Kwinn???) of Snake-Eyes? Don't they do this stupid crap like this with Batman and other kid's lines? Give popular characters stupid outfits just to sell more figures??? DUMB!!!

And with all the other great figures out there yet to be done-- do we need Tiger Force and Python Patrol already?

And quit being cheap on the packaging! Ace and Wild Weasel come in a comic pack (where you don't need to pay your artist to do a full illustration), but TF Flint and PP Cobra Soldier come on single packs where the existing art can be easily changed??? Booooooo......

This wave is a BAD direction. Another CC?? And a Baroness with comic book colors? Where's my regular single carded Baroness??

Rodablock is fine. At least he has an original TORSO. And while Major Bludd actually looks pretty good to me-- even though it's almost a 100% rehash of Zartan. (How about a figure of the original design of Zartan Hasbro???? You say you're doing to do it with Serpentor-- but no plans for Zartan??? Who wants Serpentor more than they want Zartan????)

I really wouldn't care for crap wave like this one execpt for TWO things--

1) We only have a limited time for this series to continue before they have to make Movie toys, so let's not waste Waves with rehashed filler nonsense.

2) Is this the NEW dirction for this series? So far, Hasbro has listened to the collectors more and more, but this seems like a KID wave and not a COLLECTOR wave. Who was asking for half this stuff??? They get TONS of feedback as to what we're looking for, but to give us this...? Seems like they might be changing their business plan on this series. NOT GOOD.

Long, I know, but my .02 cents.
    I don't think so. (Of course, I've been wrong before...)
    I get the feeling that this repaint wave is just filler, like "bonus wave" (or "wave four" whatever you prefer to call it.)

Even though this is a collector's line, Snake Eyes just plain sells. That is a business fact that can not be ignored. (Only the Weasel skull necklace belongs to Quinn, but there IS a reason Snake Eyes is wearing it.)

While I tend to agree with almost everything else you typed, I don't think this is really the direction they are going in. Remember, Toy fair hasn't even come yet, I suspect all the good stuff will be shown then.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I’d try not to totally freak out over just one wave, myself. If ya don’t like the wave, that’s fine. Noones going to force you to buy them (unless Hasbro is using some new marketing I don't know about)

I doubt one wave is gonna sink the ship.

If the next wave is all original stuff (maybe they’ll be coated in 24kt gold...ooohhh ahhhhh ) then everyone will be on the “Hasbro is so coooool” bandwagon.

Like I said before: I actually like some of the figures, so I’m all good.

I’m just happy we are getting new Gi joe stuff now, instead of nothing.

But, if anyone hates this wave so much they want to get out of the hobby, I urge you to do so and sell me all your 25th figures for a buck or two each (moc or loose is fine, I'll take them all, and be happy to help ya out
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

Aside from the Major Bludd, I see this as a group of filler figures. I'll get the Bludd figure, for sure - even if it's got reused parts. I haven't bought a figure of him since 1986.
    I'm not interested in the others, though the Snake Eyes and Baroness figures look pretty cool.
    Python Patrol and Tiger Force?? I'll pass on these just like I did all those years ago. For the most part, I'm disappointed and I'd rather see these figures slipped into comic 2-packs.

"Dear Hasbro,

Actually this whole wave really is directed at collectors

Cobra commander with stripe and rare element? a nod to the first miniseries and comics
    Baroness: outfit never seen before from the cartoon
    tiger force is really a nod to the first subteams
    ditto python patrol
    snake eyes pick up issue 2 of marvel this is what he should have looked like for comic pack #2RAH
    Roadblock v2 other than the helmet, it is at least a new look and really he wore that outfit for most of the cartoon series and the movie.
    Major Bludd= new character we havent seen yet in the 25th.

if they were aiming for kids imho they would have not gone to such lengths to create such niche characterizations I for one never thought I would see a Baroness in blue like this. nor Snake eyes with a weasel skull necklace.

would i rather see more characters we haven t seen yet? of course.

Compared to other toy lines I've collected, these figures just keep coming. Seems like every couple of weeks we're seeing or hearing about the next upcoming wave. So with that in mind, I'm excited about this wave. TF Flint and PP are pretty cool repaints IMO. Keep the figures coming at this pace Hasbro. I love it.

Roadblock- It's ok. My favorite look for him actually. Buy
    Snake Eyes- ugh Pass
    Baroness- ??? Pass/maybe
    Flint- not a big fan of Tiger Force Pass
    PP Officer - always liked PP Buy (one)
    Major Bludd- why?? silly repaint Pass

I'm not thrilled that this is actually the next wave of toys, but I think its got its positives. I actually like the Snake Eyes parka, b/c it looks similar to the snow outfit worn by Flint and some others in the cartoon. This makes for a cool, simple customization with a head swap (as a side note, has anyone else noticed that for all the Snake Eyes variations released, only the wave 1 single carded figure has used the "ninja visor" head? Strange to me that they haven't mixed it up a bit more somehow. . .)

Flint is my favorite Joe, so I'm pleased to see the Tiger Force repaint. . .especially with the sleeves and gloves done right finally.

I like the Cobra Commander helmet, but not enough to pay 5 dollars (now if they made the helmet vac-plated like Destro. . .). I think they should have done this from the beginning.

The Baroness repaint makes a lot of sense, since her look from the early cartoons and comics is pretty drastically different from the original toy. Saying that, though, I'm not sure if that's enough to warrant buying one (I probably will, and will replace my 5-pack Baroness on my Joe display).

Major Bludd's an essential bad guy, so I'm glad to see him.

I like the Roadblock OK, but I don't care enough about him to get another version.

I don't care about the Python Patrol officer at all, really.

I think its good to have a break in-between the "good" waves, though. This keeps us from getting too spoiled
    Last edited by karamazov80; 01-24-2008 at 10:31 PM.

They need to take that Major Bludd prototype back to the lab. It screams Frankensteined ZARTAN!! Please don't release one of my favorite Cobra figures like that.

The rest of the figures are nice. I notice that the Baroness and Cobra Commander pays homage to the first G.I. Joe episodes. I always wanted a Baroness with the green glasses.
    "Anyone can use a weapon. But the ninja IS a weapon." - Storm Shadow