Wave 8 pics - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 8 pics

I'm pretty sure the Cobra Commander will have a vac-metalized head. A prototype with a chrome head and white stripe has been floating around.

I think it's odd that there's so much vitriol over this wave. I'm sure once people see them on the shelf they'll snap them up. And even if some of you guys don't, there will be another wave coming along in a month (!) or so anyway...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny
    And with all the other great figures out there yet to be done-- do we need Tiger Force and Python Patrol already?
    Yes...

Yes...

Yes...!!!

I for one am stoked about this. Being one of the "old timers" in terms of collecting these since they came out, I in no way feel TF/PP was the beginning of the end, but really a great era for Joe buying.

So happy to see TF Flint.

And I gotta give some love to the Artic SE too. Would love a artic Cobra Commander as well.
    --Dave

Stuff I'm Selling:
    Check it out here:
    http://shop.ebay.com/japanese-toys-n-books/m.html

Stuff I'm looking for: Tiger Force boxed items, send me your lists. REALLY want non-U.S. boxed vehicles and file cards.

I have mixed feelings...i like the comic and cartoon renditions (especially the Snake Eyes)...but that Major Bludd is a HUGE disappoint what with all the "we held him back to get him just right" crap...he's a repaint franken-figure...not cool...(the DTC version was MUCH better than this)...
    and i do think this is probably a "filler" wave like wave 4...but why not just repaint another figure as Tiger Force or Python Patrol...or HELLO...Night Force...instead of giving us a main character 1st version as a kitbash.

does anyone else think it MIGHT be possible that Cobra Commander has a bigger head in this wave?
    "He who dies with the most toys wins!" -Unknown

Top Five Wants: 1. 92 Gold Head Steel Brigade Accessories 2. Terror Drome Cannon Mount 3. Skystriker Parachutes 4. Air Devil Gun 5. Low Light bi-pod

Trade List: Click Here

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I admit I panned Bludd and Baroness a couple pages back, BUT:

By the time this wave hits we'll have had 7 awesome waves. They've given us who knows how many sweet reissues of our favorite Joes, retro style packaging, FIXED things people complained about (crotches), made them relatively avalible at retail.............anything else?

So you don't like one or two figures in wave 8, and out of the 40 some total 25th Joes, TWO are possible duds, and now Hasbro is at the begining of a downward spiral??????

C'mon now....
    Last edited by yojoebro82; 01-25-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    I'm not all up in arms over this wave like some, but I do have to admit that I'm disappointed.

While the Roadblock looks OK (did anyone notice that he either has a removable vest or he will lack the mid-torso articulation?), he's not a new character.

Even though Bludd is a kitbash, you have to admit that he actually looks pretty good and it's a fairly straightforward representation of the classic character.

I always dug Python Patrol and Tiger Force, though it was more for the vehicles than the figures. They're OK, as is the Arctic Snake Eyes.

The Cobra Commander and Baroness do absolutely nothing for me.

If I have a gripe, it's that Hasbro seems to be cheaping out and kitbashing and/or redecoing stuff to death with this line. We get 100 Snake Eyes, Duke, and CC figures....and it's because that they know that even though we grumble, we'll run right out and buy them.

Why would they commit the resources to designing new sculpts for Ripcord, Blowtorch, Mutt, etc. when they can sell out on Snake Eyes and Dukes time and again without having to do anything but change the paint apps?

They need to be careful with this tactic, though....because there's a backlash already beginning from those who realize that in only a year or so they're switching the focus to movie figures and many fan favorites will never get 25th treatment.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Quote Originally Posted by dasaffe
    I'm pretty sure the Cobra Commander will have a vac-metalized head. A prototype with a chrome head and white stripe has been floating around.

I think it's odd that there's so much vitriol over this wave. I'm sure once people see them on the shelf they'll snap them up. And even if some of you guys don't, there will be another wave coming along in a month (!) or so anyway...

I hope that's true about Cobra Commander.

There does appear to be a little too much rage over this wave of figures. One would think that Hasbro was making 25th anniversary Eco-Warriors or something.

Question

Are these confirmed by now? ****edit: i just saw the first page, they are...****
    Last edited by Erick; 01-25-2008 at 02:52 PM.
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime
    I hope that's true about Cobra Commander.

There does appear to be a little too much rage over this wave of figures. One would think that Hasbro was making 25th anniversary Eco-Warriors or something.
    lol! Now that would be worse. Personally, I think most of it stems from the fact that they built up anticipation on both Wild Bill and Major Bludd, saying they were working on both a lot, and that when we see the results, we will agree that they are both well worth the wait. So, we see Wild Bill, and he is fantastic. Majorr Bludd has to be delayed again! So we wait, and see...He has been cursed with the legs of a Zartan. And most of the rest of a Zartan. If they hadn't said anything about this Major Bludd and just released him, I don't think we'd be complaining as much. As it stands...how was he worth the wait, in any way, shape or form? Seriously, who isn't going to look at that Major Bludd and say Why is he wearing Zartans knee pads?

Some people are excited, others-- like myself-- are highly dissapointed with this wave.

Seeing as how there are easily 30+ more characters who really need their own figures before we get repaints and comic versions and 2nd, 3rd and 4th versions of figure we already have, I don't know where the excitement for some of these comes from. But, different strokes for different folkes.

I wouldn't be so dissapointed with Hasbro if most of these had appeared where they belong-- in comic 2-packs!

Thus far, Hasbro has been keeping the single pack figures as reissues of the original characters in a "25th style"-- with the exception of the Cobra Air Trooper. And, they've been keeping repaints and new color styling to the comic packs.

I'm not even that thrilled that comic pack figures like Ace, Wild Weasel, Torch, Ripper, Copperhead and so on appear in comic packs. I'd much rather have single cared figures of these to display with my other 25th cared figures.

Save the goofy experiments and new ideas/designs for the comic packs! Keep the single carded figure line pure to the idea of reissung the original figures! Too much mixing and matching as to which figures appear where for my tastes.

Although, obviously, I'm happy to have these at all!

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny
    It still looks like they used Zartan's HEAD, too. Just gave him a helmet, eyepatch and moustache.
    Wait, so... first Zartan's disguise is a goatee... now his disguise is a helmet, eyepatch, and mustache... is Zartan shopping at Spencer's Gifts? Is that what it takes to qualify as "Master of Disguise"?
    "I'm sure you're a big hit on Halloween, Zartan." - Colonel Sharp

Trade list!