Wave 8 pics - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 8 pics

Quote Originally Posted by therobidentity
    Wait, so... first Zartan's disguise is a goatee... now his disguise is a helmet, eyepatch, and mustache... is Zartan shopping at Spencer's Gifts? Is that what it takes to qualify as "Master of Disguise"?
    Nice. *golf clap* Good game, sir!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by therobidentity
    Wait, so... first Zartan's disguise is a goatee... now his disguise is a helmet, eyepatch, and mustache... is Zartan shopping at Spencer's Gifts? Is that what it takes to qualify as "Master of Disguise"?
    Don't forget the color changing pants and chest.

I don't know how many of you guys saw this but a member here did a great Python Patrol Officer custom a few months ago: http://primetoystore.com/Toys%20for%20sale/customs.htm

A lot better than the one pictured in this thread, IMO of course
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well this one is a let-down wave, but I'll still be looking to pick up TF Flint thanks to the new arms, and PP Cobra Troop, because you can never have enough stock soldiers.

As we all know, the Zartan figure is somewhat different from the original figure, even though this line consists of figures that are new versions of their vintage counterparts. Now, what if Hasbro deliberately made Zartan as he is, in order to reuse that mold for Major Bludd?

Well, wouldn't they have just put out Bludd first?
    Maybe not.

I still say the HISS Driver's torso works better for Bludd than Zartan (I'll probably pick up a second just to do this custom)

However, I'm digging a lot of these guys. Roadblock and Snake-Eyes are the tops in my eyes. This version of CC is about due, I'll probably head swap Baroness (I like this head a lot) I'm still debating on python patrol and tiger force (One or both may get skipped by me)

Hopefully the SE means there is a Kwinn in the following Wave... I didnt think Hasbro could get me to buy another SE, but man, I do love GI Joe #2... As for the rest of the figs, pretty unexciting to me, with the only one that I will pick up being the Bludd. Ive always liked the first RB the best. The Baroness might be ok, if she didnt have sunglasses. Hmm... looking at the SE, those skulls look like alien heads... But I will probably still pick him up. Damn you Hasbro (although I guess I shouldnt complain, as the SE and Bludd are the only two figs of interest to me in that wave).

Finally a new Major Bludd and Grunt, two figures I have been wanting and hoping for since the 25th series started.
    www.advancediron.org ..worlds largest Iron Man fansite.

I'll get that Major Bludd no matter what he ends up looking like. I haven't bought another version of him since his 1983 figure. He's one I've been really looking forward to in this line.

The only other Cobras I really want that I don't have on a pre-order are Scrap Iron, Televiper, and a Snow Serpent. OH! and a Dr. Mindbender who I hope will be done in either Version 2 or VvV style. I've never really liked his open shirt looks...always made me think of a circus strongman with bad B.O.