Will GI JOE movie toys do to 25th line what TF movie toys did to the Classics line?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Will GI JOE movie toys do to 25th line what TF movie toys did to the Classics line?

Probably borrowing trouble....but I am curious. This 25th line is obviously the biggest hit in 3 3/4 JOEdom since the original run in the 80's. Hasbro has said it will continue this year and probably next depending on how it goes.

Ok. The GI JOE movie will be out next year as we know. The toys will be a HUGE part of the marketing, like the Transformers movie was. I really loved the Transformers Classics line. The brought back original characters in their original forms just updated a bit. I always wanted a cartoon accurate Starscream with great articulation and I got one in this line.

Well, as soon as the movie toys hit the Classics line was scrapped. I thought the Classics were poplular because they were not easy to find in stores and online toystores seemed to be sold out a lot.

Do you think the Joe movie toys might do the same? Just wanting your thoughts.
    "Until Gung Ho eats quiche, make mine G.I. Joe!"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I certainly hope not, although it probably won't happen. The Transformers Classics line was already meant to be a filler line, so it was doomed before it even started.

Are you asking if when the movie product begins to hit then the 25th product will go away?

Well, if I can piece together several of the Hasbro Q&A's from memory. The 25th name or logo will go away at some point in 2008 for a different theme to bridge the 25th and the Movie figures, but both the "Bridge" line and the Movie line will continue the 25th's construction so all will be compatible. Now that is piecing together a few different Hasbro Q&A's so if someone with better memory wants to step in...?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

According to what I am hearing is Transformers Classics will be back this year as somthing like Universe Classics so they can re-create from any Generation.

I am sure regular Joe figures and movie figures will co-exist at the same time.

I for one won't be particularly interested in movie figures but that is just me. I am sure there are others like me so it would be important to have more than one viable line.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

They probably will pause the regular line to focus on the movie line, but like it was said, they are supposed to be the same construction as the current figures so we won't see a big difference unlike the TF movie toys that were fugly as heck!

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97

I for one won't be particularly interested in movie figures but that is just me. I am sure there are others like me so it would be important to have more than one viable line.
    Really? What lines are you into right now? Do you like the 25th? Why not if you don't mind me asking. Do you think they will be very different from the current 25th tooling? Are you planning to just follow the main 3 3/4 line?

What Dockinbay said. Hasbro is reintroducing Classics 2.0 under the previously used "Universe" line. Hasbro said all along that the original Classics line was only a filler to run between the end of the Cybertron cartoon and the release of the movie toys.

The new Classics Universe will be a catch-all for tons of repaints as well as a few new things that may have been scrapped from the 6" Titanium and who knows what else (the old Universe line even had Beast Wars repaints).

So, where does the leave Joe? Well, the 25th Anniversary isn't really a "filler" for anything. It's the only Joe thing out there. The 25th designation will naturally go away when it's no longer applicable, but I'm sure the potential is there for the line to continue for the forseeable future.

I thought I remembered Hasbro saying that when the movie hits they'll of course make toys for that, but will keep RAH updates going on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay West
    Really? What lines are you into right now? Do you like the 25th? Why not if you don't mind me asking. Do you think they will be very different from the current 25th tooling? Are you planning to just follow the main 3 3/4 line?
    Oh, I am buying the 25th line up like it is going out of style.

I don't want the movie line because:
    1. I have little confidence the movie is going to be very good. I pray that I am wrong.
    2. I want my toys to look like the characters - not like whatever c list actor they got to fill in the role in whatever reinvention of the characters signature look they decided to "rework" for the masses.
    3. I am literally drowning in all the toys I collect. I have far more stuff than I think most of you imagine - hence all the stuff I eBay. I have to draw a line somewhere. We can't have everything. For my sanity, I won't be getting any movie toys.

I would like to say I might get one or two figures but if I do that, then I end up with them all.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

In a word, yes.

Enjoy this while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    I am literally drowning in all the toys I collect. I have far more stuff than I think most of you imagine - hence all the stuff I eBay. I have to draw a line somewhere. We can't have everything. For my sanity, I won't be getting any movie toys.

I would like to say I might get one or two figures but if I do that, then I end up with them all.

I am the same way, I have to draw the line and that is why I won't get the 25th anniversary figures or the movie stuff. I am already storing too much of my stuff and can't enjoy what I have. I start off saying oh just this one or that one then I have to get another to augment or complete something next thing I know I have another 20 square feet of stuff. So none for me. I will be sticking with the vintage RAH style for the rest of my days and passing those on two my children. I hope you guys enjoy them though.