Cobra Nightwatch and Snake Eyes vs Red Ninja 5-packs - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slim19722
    The Snake Eyes is painted in the colors he was originaly supposed to be in back in 82, but due to cost concerns, Hasbro decided to leave him "paintless" hence the all black look. I'll get both sets.
    Yes, I personally see it as a Red ninja army builder and less of a buy this for the Snake Eyes kinda thing.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It’s good that Hasbro is going to be putting out some army builder packs. I’d like to see a regular Cobra Trooper one and a Viper one.

Must Have!!!
    Looking for 25th IGs,Alpine,Leatherneck and Short Fuze

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Meh. Don't care about the SE fig or the Red Ninjas. Ninjas kinda annoy me now.

The Night Watch set, I may buy one. But they look kinda plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    I personally see it as a Red ninja army builder and less of a buy this for the Snake Eyes kinda thing.
    Forget the ninjas, I'm army-building Timber!

Naw, for real... I'll probably get one each, and call it good. I've got plenty enough troopers, so these'll be an elite team or something. It looks like one of the troopers has either a minigun (wicked!) or a repaint of Roadblock's .50 (not as wicked). As for the ninjas... who really thinks that one ninja is going to keep Timber from ripping his throat out with that thing?

(Edit for language)
    Last edited by therobidentity; 01-24-2008 at 09:59 PM.
    "I'm sure you're a big hit on Halloween, Zartan." - Colonel Sharp

Trade list!

Yeah, I agree with the above statement(s). Hasbro should offer a troop builder of the plain blue/black COBRA troopers or the new Vipers, and I would buy 2 of each, no question.

I'll pass on the Ninja set as they never really did anything for me anyway. And of course...another Snake Eyes.

The Night Watch looks cool. I love the overall packaging of both sets, but those stupid "action" poses have got to go. They have never done anything to improve the presentation of the figures.

I might buy the Red Ninja set if I happen to see someplace choking on it and they're selling it on clearance. I could pop the head off that Snake Eyes and put the rest to work on a custom job. Plus, that Timber looks cool.

I'm already sold on the Nightwatch. This line has made me into an Army builder, which I've never been with ANY other toyline to include the original ARAH line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylde Weezle
    I might buy the Red Ninja set if I happen to see someplace choking on it and they're selling it on clearance. I could pop the head off that Snake Eyes and put the rest to work on a custom job. Plus, that Timber looks cool.
    That's my chief concern. Since it's TRU, they'll sit on them forever before they mark them down. I'm really worried they're going to be way over-priced to start with.

I'm already sold on the Nightwatch. This line has made me into an Army builder, which I've never been with ANY other toyline to include the original ARAH line.
    I never was in to army building either until the ROTS Clones started hitting the pegs and I just really dug them. Now I'm really hurting with Cobra Troopers, Siegies, Vipers and soon to be BATs - ah well, what's a guy to do?

Is there a scan of the back or the file cards. Do we know if the Red Ninja in the grey vest is supposed to be a different character than the others.