"Worst Case Scenario"? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just wish my Wal-Marts/Targets would have anything! I would have sucked up the Troopers as well, but alas, I can't even find a peg marked GI Joe anymore let along find figures.
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YELSEW
    I just wish my Wal-Marts/Targets would have anything! I would have sucked up the Troopers as well, but alas, I can't even find a peg marked GI Joe anymore let along find figures.
    Fact: Hasbro's production capablitities are limited to the amount of money allocated and the facility's ability to produce.

Fact: Far too much of the produced product is being shipped to on-line retailers, who might take a back seat to traditional retailers like WM or Target, but who have no compunction about charging 19 bucks for one figure out of a case of 8 that would typically retail for $4.88.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilKing
    Fact: Hasbro's production capablitities are limited to the amount of money allocated and the facility's ability to produce.

Fact: Far too much of the produced product is being shipped to on-line retailers, who might take a back seat to traditional retailers like WM or Target, but who have no compunction about charging 19 bucks for one figure out of a case of 8 that would typically retail for $4.88.
    So true. Brianstoys.com charges you 10+ for a carded figure, becuase they recieved all of TRUs GI Joe stock, haha.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    Sometimes I hunt with my brother, but usually we go seperately. We discussed what the "worst case scenario" would be. Best case would be if they had all of wave 4 and 5. Worst case used to be they had nothing at all. Now, worst case is They have a lot of wave 2 and 3.

I went to the Target by Disneyland today (henceforth known as #5), and they had 9 Buzzers, 9 Stalkers, 5 Cobra Troopers, and 3 Red Ninjas. Comic packs were 7 hawks, 6 dukes, and 3 SE/SS. I left empty handed.

Driving further north to Target #4, They had a total of one Stalker. Comic packs had a whopping 13 Hawk/Scarletts, 2 Duke/CC and 2 SE/SS. I'm uncertain which is worse between store #4 and #5. Actually, this is the same store that last week had 8 Shipwrecks, and one stolen Storm Shadow from wave 4, which we brought to the register to report. So, I'm guessing that they at least sell at this target, and will probably restock. Not so sure about ever getting more at #5. :P

Toys R us. These guys (and this store in particular) seem like the really slow kid that is always missing the point of things. They had 3 5 packs. Not only were they not clearanced, they were 29.99! Five dollars more than anyone else ever had them. They also had 3 Viper brigades from the ARAH line. At this point, time spent at Toys R Us is time wasted. (Wal Mart has this status as well for now.)

Target #2 (I didn't bother with store #3 or #1 today) had...one Stalker. Bunch of hawks, a couple dukes and SE/SS.

Don't think I'll spend a lot of time at #5.
    Wow, what a difference a day makes! At Toys R' Us, anyway. I went today because someone on hisstank.com said that they would be getting in the Nightwatch troopers 5 pack this weekend! So, I went and found they had no 5 packs...but they did have comic packs and wave 4! I got Scarlett, Duke, and Storm Shadow and left CC, Roadblock and Gung ho behind.

Nothing at Targets....except #4 now has Stalker AND a Shipwreck! lol

Yeah I've got not much but three Walmarts near me so my trips have been more like:

Trip 1: nothing
    next week: nothing
    next week: 1 cobra officer!
    next week: complete wave 3, 1 day after I got it online At least I got two red ninjas
    next week: snagged comic packs
    next week: heard wave 5 came to Walmart, missed it completely
    next week: found a few wave 4

I've never seen wave 2 or wave 5 yet.

I've only seen single carded figures twice. First time it was a Wave 1 Cobra Commander (there was just one on the shelf) and the second time it was a Wave 1 Storm Shadow (there was only one of the shelf). Besides that, all I've seen are boxed sets and comic packs. It sucks.
    ~Pit-Viper~